Thursday 24 January 2013

PALMER'S COCOA BUTTER FORMULAR SKIN THERAPY OIL REVIEW

This was another goody that was given to me by the lovely Holly Arabella. I was so excited to use this as my skin is dryer than the desert. First of all, I worried that it was going to be greasy like most oils are, so that was one thing that put me off trying it. Not only is my skin incredibly dry, I also have uneven skin tone and imperfections so I was curious to how this would work. Just before I received this my dry skin got out of control. Anyone who has me on Twitter may know that when I woke up one morning my face was tight, soar, red and most of all - my whole face was visibly dry. My eyelids where flaky, my cheeks were hurting and I couldn't touch my skin as it stung. To this day I still have no idea what caused this, I've never had dry skin so bad. I thought that a good step for me is to not wear any make up for that week. At first I started using Clinique Moisture Serge to sort it out, and then came to use this bad boy. It claims to improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, dry or damaged skin, uneven skin tone and aging skin.
First there is a handy pump dispenser which is really handy. I'm not sure yet if I prefer a pump bottle or a spray. After putting one pump into my hand, I got the smell of gorgeous Cocoa. For some reason I really thought it was going to smell like oil (I have no idea why) but it smelt lovely. I then applied it sparingly to my face, concentrating on my most driest parts. For a few minutes I thought my face felt oily, so I went to the mirror but there was no traces of oil to be seen. After a few minutes longer I could no longer feel it on my face, and instantly my face felt a lot better. After 1 week of using this my face is almost back to it's normal self, only more plumper. I also used it on my body as it has dry patches too, and it worked a treat. Straight after coming out of he shower, before bed or when I wake up I pop this baby on straight away. My body thanks me for it! My skin feels like velvet once applied. I also dab a bit of this on my face now before I apply my make up instead of other moisturizers I used to use. This is by far the most versatile product I have come across, and it's answered my dry woes. You can get this in a few chemists, Boots (£9.49 for 150mls) and Superdrug. It may be a bit pricey for some people, but you get plenty of product and you only need 1 pump to cover and area. I am completely in love with this and will carry on using this until the bottle is empty!  Thank you so much for reading. Have you ever tried using this? What do you use for dry skin?

17 comments:

  1. i read somewhere that cocoa butter wasnt that good for the skin (the body butter type) but iv used the oil and thats awesome. i tend to use oils and gels aswell as body butters (together >.< ) because i have really thirsty skin lol

    love your blog <3
    you are so pretty!
    xoXo
    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard about it being bad for the skin before!! :D Glad you agree, I love this oil!! My skin is thirsty too! Haha!
      You are way to kind, thank you for your sweet words :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. i really want to try this, heard wonderful things <3

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! :D Let me know if you try it! :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I've tried the moisturiser version of this but I didn't know there was an oil. This sounds like a good product!

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to try the moisturizer!! I may have to look into it :) x

      Delete
  4. Hey dear I really like your blog! What about following each other? Also on bloglovin and fb if you want...just let me know :3 <3

    Join my ROMWE GIVEAWAY!

    New Outfit Post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want, I want, I want! My skin sounds just like yours, thanks for introducing me to this I'm going to rush and buy some on pay day!

    Sophie xx

    http://f-ckandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Let me know if you get it and how you get on with it. It did wonders for me :) I'd be happy to hear what others have to say :)
      xx

      Delete
  6. I love Palmers products, they are so kind to the skin and smell good x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds lovely and I'm glad it has helped your skin. I can't get enough of oils at the moment. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This product really is a godsend! Can't get enough of oils either - specially this one!
      X

      Delete
  8. Might have to check this out as I have ridiculously dry skin too! Thanks for the review!

    http://thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it does wonders! Let me know if you try and it and how it works for you :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥