Tuesday 8 January 2013

GALAXY NAILS HOW TO





The picture of the galaxy in the circle is from Google Images
I've been trying for a while to get galaxy perfect nails and have never found an easy way to do it. But I've now found a way that I find fun doing - Even though it's a bit messy! All you need is a bunch of nail varnishes. I went for metallics. Blacks, purples, greens, silvers and golds. I also took a bunch of glittery shades as well, including a holographic shade.
After the first layer is done, it looks pretty messy. Here's a picture of my thumb after the first layer. Excuse my thumbs, I was born with clubbed thumbs. Megan Fox has them so don't judge!
As I said before, it looks messy. And quite frankly, a bit horrible! Here's a step by step guide how to get to this point.

  1. First I apply a metallic black, I did this to all my nails.
  2. Apply more polishes in stripes. Keep doing this while it's wet.
  3. While it's still wet, apply more polishes. Keep using dark shades and more shimmery ones to create the look you want. I used a gold polish on the top in splodges. Don't use any glittery shades just yet!
After you've done this to all the nails it's time to apply stars and other bits. I used a silver nail polish in little amounts on some of my nails to create more dynamics. Then again in little amounts I used hex glittery polishes, such as OPI's The Living Daylights swatched here in little blotches. I also did this with a rainbow flake glitter, I used Gosh's polish in Rainbow. After all this had dried I applied a few coats of silver glitter. I used OPI's Servin' Up Sparkle which you can see swatched here. Once that is all dried it looks like a galaxy. It's a bit messy to do. This is actually the first attempt I did at this, and I'm a bit rubbish with nails, so if I can - you can! There's no right or wrong way of doing it. It's just about blending, over lapping and layers. It's all fun and games! I hope you enjoyed this, and let me know if the comments what you think of the final look, and if you tried it let me know how you found doing it. Thanks for reading!




18 comments:

  1. So in love with this look, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Holly! Means a lot that you like it! :D x

      Delete
  2. Ahahaa fair play for uploading a close up of those thumbs! Haaa Love You!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! Cheers Lizzie!! Had to tell the world!! :D Love you too! xx

      Delete
  3. Wow! these are lush hannah!! cannot wait to try them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you Alice!! :D Send me a picture when you've done it!! :D xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for finally talking about > "Galaxy Nails" < Loved it!
    Also visit my blog post :: Is Vision Without Glasses a Scam

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful, and unique- I love them :) :) xx
    Gem | MissMakeupMagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's so much fun to do! :D xx

      Delete
  6. This is GORGEOUS! I will definitely be trying my hand at this in the near future! I just have to mentally prepare myself for when I'll have to remove it...haha! Great post! Also, thank you for following my blog! I am now following yours! :D

    Hill
    http://thebugthatfleeps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Means a lot!! :D :D It's so much fun to do! If you end up doing it give me a link I'd love to see it! :D xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! They're so pretty! :)

      Delete
  8. Serious respect for you braving them bad boy hammer thumbs. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had to be done Ash. Had to show the world at some point..

      Delete
  9. These are incredible, I love the galaxy trend - this is one of the best ones I've seen!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is THE nicest comment ever!! Thank you so much!! :D x

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥