Monday 21 January 2013

NICKI MINAJ MAC LIPSTICK SWATCH AND REVIEW

This was my first EVER Mac Lipstick which I was given a few months ago! I was really excited to try this out, and to make it even better it's Nicki Minaj's shade! As soon as I opened it I was overwhelmed by the big bold pink. I was really unsure if I was going to ever wear it. After a few tries, I dared myself to go to college wearing it, and I did. I felt so good. As 'Barbie Pink' as this looks, it somehow suited me. I'm not exactly the typical girl either, so I was so surprised that it looked half decent! This cute little lipstick is a satin finish, so it's almost matte with a slight shine to it. I love how gorgeously creamy this feels on the lips too, despite how dry and flaky they appear at the moment. Some people have said that it appears dry on the lips, but as you can see on the photo below, it looks super creamy on me. It's packed with pigment so you are sure to get an amazing coverage with this baby. This lipstick appears really pink, but I sometimes see coral tones to it too. The only down side to this is when I try and take it off it seems to leave a weird pink/orange stain. I can't work out if it's the product or my dry lips! It's still available online and in store, so try it out before you purchase!
You can purchase online at Debenhams for £14. For anyone who is a typical girly girl and likes their pinks, why not pop into store and see how this looks. Let me know in the comments what you think of this bold colour and if you've ever tried it before! Thanks for reading!

20 comments:

  1. I really can't quite make up my mind about this one! I love the look of the colour but think it might just be too pink for me, I'm not sure I could pull it off! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely BOLD. Not for someone that is shy of bright colours!! Still gorgeous though! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Although I'm not a fan of Nicki Minaj, I'm a sucker for any lipsticks with special packaging. I really like this one! This color is definitely bold, but looks like it would be fun to try out! Great post Hannah. :D

    Hill
    http://thebugthatfleeps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It is pretty bold, but I really loved wearing it. It's nice to have a shade that really defines you from the crowd!
      x

      Delete
  3. oh now i want this one so bad :D!!! i've been eyeing it for a while already but i haven't really seen it "in action" before. it looks so pretty on you so now i want it to be mine ASAP :D!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! It's sooo pretty! Pick it up now, you wont regret it! ;) Let me know if you do!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Im surprised I liked this, but you pull it off with aplomb. You look gorgeous in every colour you've ever tried on. I'm a lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this but it doesnt look like that on me! :') x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine comes up very pink on me. How does yours look? :)
      X

      Delete
  6. Your so lucky! like every colour suits you hannah! Its a lovely colour too xx
    http://beautyisunwrittenxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always too kind to me - thank you! Xxx

      Delete
  7. oooh that looks pretty!!

    i've never had a mac lipstick before.. but i'm going to London in a couple of weeks so i think i might get one haha! :)

    http://soph2381.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you get, you will be spoilt for choice! :P xx

      Delete
  8. This pink was SO electric! Love it on you! I want to try out this years Nicki Minaj which is more of a muted lavender but I keep talking myself out of it because I would hardly ever wear it!

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so bright! Can't wait for the new one though! You need guts to wear her shades! :) xx

      Delete
  9. Wow, beautiful colours and your lips look lush! Shame it's Nicki Minaj though!

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm not a huge fan of her either, but loved the colour! Xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥