Thursday 7 February 2013

SALLY HANSEN COLOR QUICK REVIEW AND SWATCHES - FUCHSIA CHROME AND SILVER CHROME

These Sally Hansen Color Quick products are the answer to on the go girls. These sleek black pens with bold white writing and the colour clearly shown at the bottom are sure to be a hit with collectors. I've had these a few months now and forgotten about them, but rushing to get ready for a party I noticed my nails weren't painted. And they are never left unpainted!! After my drama queen moment I realised I had these, grabbed them and ran out the door. I wasn't sure how these would turn out but I had no choice. Unscrewing the handy cap I stared at the brush, unlike most varnishes the bristles were white and a lot more thicker.
The screw cap was so handy and didn't make me think twice about it spilling in my purse. Once I pressed down on the end of the pen a few times - The button that is the shade of the nail varnish - The colour came flowing effortlessly through. I used the silver one to match my black dress and began to paint my nails. I was really puzzled by its watery texture as it glided on so well and was packed with colour. I only needed one coat which is just unbelievable. The shine on the metallic colours are devine, as you can see with the colours below they just seem to catch such a shine. I am still in shock of how well the colour was achieved. Because of how watery the formula is my nails dried in seconds. It really is Color Quick! The only bad point I have is because of it's watery texture, as you can see below it shows any defects in the nails, such as ridges or chips. The staying power was average, nothing better or worse than the usual drug store nail polishes. Also I found that removing the nail varnish was a dream. No scrubbing the nails with the cotton, just a few swipes and it was gone. Overall I think every girl should have at least one of these. It's fast drying and available in a wide range of different colours, from french manicure shades, metallics and pastels. It also has perfect packaging, a small pen which is perfect for on the go. The watery yet pigmented formula means it's easy for touch ups with out uneven services. An absolute win from Sally Hansen. I actually picked mine up in Poundland, so I am so happy. You can get them on Ebay, beauty Outlets for around £2. Find some more information here from Sally Hansen. If you find these in your nearest Poundland, get every colour they have - You wont be disappointed!! The colours shown here are Fuchsia Chrome and Silver Chrome.

Do these appeal to you? Have you tried any Sally Hansen products? 
Thanks for reading!


28 comments:

  1. wow they look so cool! i've never heard of nail pens before like this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are just amazing!!! They really do what they say on the pen!! Another classic from Sally Hansen! :) xx

      Delete
  2. wow! I'm going to head to Poundland on the weekend and hunt these down :)

    cllrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a good look!! :D They are such a great find!! :D xx

      Delete
  3. Wow they look amazing, so pigmented! I'd never heard of these but definitely going to keep an eye out for them now, I hate waiting for my nails to dry and there's nothing worse than getting ready to go out and realising you've neglected your nails!!

    Sophie at http://ivyandgoldxoxo.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are great! I know, I hate seeing my nails look a state!! These babies help those horrible times! :P xxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) I shall show you them next time I see you! :D x

      Delete
  5. What a great buy! I can never find anything good like this is pound land lol x

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd much rather use something quick & easy like this, I'm so lazy when it comes to my nails!

    http://thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a good thing for lazy people! ;) x

      Delete
  7. Wow, these look amazing! I've never even heard of them but I'll definitely be on the lookout for them now!

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are perfect :) Have a good look! :D x

      Delete
  8. These are such a great idea, gonna hunt them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are such a bargain!! If I see any I'll pick a few up for you! :D x

      Delete
  9. I have the silver one of these and am in love with it! So handy for when you're in a rush! Def want that pink one though, it's beautiful!! Will need to huint for some more of these I think! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you think the same!! These are unsung gems!! Such a great product to have! :) And I love the pink, delivers so much colour!! :) xxxx

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh these colours are beautiful, I need that pink!! xx

    http://paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowww! These are amazing! Definitely gonna pop into Pundland next time i'm in town!
    Love your blog, i've started following you :)

    mermaidhairandtoomuchmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you pick any up!! They are sooooo good! Xx

      Delete
  12. Really loving the idea of these!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great. :) I'll lend you one! :) x

      Delete
  13. I'm gonna need to find that silver colour! It's nice to see a silver that's smooth rather than full of chunky shimmer and glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! :) It really is the perfect silver! :) xx

      Delete
  14. I have the silver pen, I love it. xxx

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥