Thursday 14 February 2013

NAILS OF THE DAY - VALENTINES INSPIRED GLITTERY NAILS

Instead of being whisked away to a romantic meal or been bombarded with flowers some of us are sitting in their homes twiddling their thumbs. Instead of twiddling them - I'm painting them! To keep boredom at bay I have a habit of playing around with my make up and nail varnishes. I picked up two varnishes, Models Own Show Stopper, an exclusive shade to Clothes Show which I was lucky enough to be given by the lovely Holly Arabella. The second one was Nothing Else Metals by Essie. You can also win this shade in my giveaway.
Nothing Else Metals is a metallic silver with gorgeous pink tones. This really looks stunning on the nails only only needs one coat!! Show Stopper is becoming one of my favourite glitter polishes, and is full of fine pink, silver and violet glitter and also larger blue and silver glitter which change colours in the light - stunning!
This Essie polish has a really wide brush so it covered my nails effortlessly. As I said it needed one coat, so a win for me!! As you can see the shine on this gorgeous colour is just perfect and the hint of pink gives it a unique look. I then dabbed the Show Stopper at the tips and waited for it to dry. Then I built the colour up by adding layers of different amounts of glitter to create a gradient effect. How simple!! Show Stopper and Nothing Else Metals dried so quick so I was able to carry on with the day and not worry about any smudges. I was so pleased with how it looked. A perfect princess looking mani. Try doing it with colours of your choice!

I hope you enjoyed reading and link me up with your Valentines and glittery manis! 
Thank you so much for reading!


26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know the feeling!! Anything glittery has to be mine!! xx

      Delete
  2. Your nails look so lovely! Love anything to do with glitter!

    http://rinasbeautyrinas.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look and love the colours. I am a new follower and really like your blog xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much to take the time to follow my blog, means so much. Can't wait to check yours out.
      Thank you so much for the comment! :) xx

      Delete
  4. WOW, gorgeous nails! I love the idea of using glitter on the nailtips, thanks for inspiring me to try something new! :)


    Allie
    http://ordinaryallie.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That's so lovely for you to say so, so glad I've inspired you in some way! Thank you so much for the comment my sweet. :)
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Love the effect of Show Stopper. I'm going to try this "glitter-only-at-tips" effect mani with a prismatic next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D Link me up when you've done it, I'd loooove to see it! :D xx

      Delete
  6. Really pretty nails! I love the model's own glitters.

    www.addiction-a-la-mode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And they're amazing aren't they! :D xx

      Delete
  7. These look gorgeous! And don't you worry, ill whisk you away to your romantic meal and bombard you with gifts soon enough! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah wonderful, I have been wondering how to do the sparse glitter effect! Will be trying this later!
    New follower in me =)

    H x

    harrietdaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I've helped in some way! Thank you so much for your kind follow, that is so lovely for you to do so! :D
      Hope to see how they've turned out! xx

      Delete
  9. Hello Hannah - I've linked you here, though my mani is nowhere as pretty as yours :)
    http://mybeautyjunction.blogspot.in/2013/02/nail-trail-china-glaze-spontaneous-with.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh yay!! I'm so excited to see this!! xx

      Delete
  10. I am off to get that Essie polish tomorrow! This is just so beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty! You can enter my giveaway to win it if you want a chance :) xx

      Delete
  11. I am definitely adding this Eddie shed to my collection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥