Monday 4 February 2013

NAILS OF THE DAY MAC GLAMOUR DAZE NAIL VARNISH LOOK - BLACK BORDER/FRAME


Who ever saw the gorgeous Mac Glamour Daze collection may recognise this picture, and these gorgeous nails. I fell in love with them but for some reason never brought myself to do them. I'm not very steady so I put off trying. After browsing past Mac collections I came across this picture again and wanted to try it straight away. Before you read on, I must say that I really am not steady when it comes to make up and nails! 
I used Illamasqua Nail Polish in Jan and Rio black art pen. I love Illamasqua nail polishes, although I've had a little hiccup with one of their colours, see that post here. I also used the amazing Rio pen in another look here.
The nip on the Rio Art Pen is perfect for creating precise nail art so I thought this was ideal in recreating the Glamour Daze look.
And here it is! A sleek and simple look that just oozes stylish chic. To do this look I applied two layers of Jan and waited to dry. I then used the nip on the Rio Art Pen to frame my nails. There's no wrong way of doing this, I literally just lined my nails. As you can see the black line is a bit shaky, I have the worst technique to achieve a perfect look, however I was pretty happy with how it turned out. The Glamour Daze look is done with mint polishes, and a pastel pink. I think this would work best with more powdery colours as it would create more of a contrast. Feel free to experiment with new and different colours, as I'm sure I will!! The lipstick in these pictures is Cupcake by BeautyUK - You can see that post here.

What are your opinions on this look? Do you like it?
Thank you so much for reading!


20 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I really liked the nails when the promo images were first released. I have such shaky hands my line would end up lining my whole hand instead haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you!! I also have unsteady hands, so I had to really concentrate!! Haha! xx

      Delete
  2. Love it , i am going to try it now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah wow!!! Please show me a picture when you've done - I'd loooove to see it! :D xx

      Delete
  3. Brilliant mani! I reckon this would look great with black and gold too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Holly!! Yeah, couldn't agree more!! x

      Delete
  4. This is so different! I love it!

    http://thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much! :D I'm glad you do! :D xx

      Delete
  5. This looks nice!! I've been wanting to try do this but I was scared I'd make a huge mess on my nails.

    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can do it you can! :P Give it a try anyway! :) xx

      Delete
  6. Ahhh I'm totally going to steal this look! I love it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be my guest!! Haha!! :D Thank you! :) xx

      Delete
  7. Very pretty! I have a coach perfume giveaway on my blog. I thought I woul let you know.
    Xo
    Isabelle
    www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Will check it out. :) xx

      Delete
  8. Oh wow these are beautiful! I also have this fine nibbed nail art set, so will be giving this a go! Now following:)xx

    ZoeyInWonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I will give your blog a look! :D xx

      Delete
  9. they look so good!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did such a great job! You know, I've seen that Glamour Daze picture 900 times while ordering from the collection, and not ONCE did I notice her nails. Whooops. It's a super cool idea, and like I said, you did the look justice! I'm shaky when applying nail art, too, so I don't know if I could do it...but I want to try this now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thank you soooo much!!! :D That's so kind for you to say!! Oh yes, do try it! :D Let me know how it goes too! :D xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥