Saturday 23 February 2013

MALEFICENT DISNEY EVIL QUEEN SLEEPING BEAUTY MAKE UP LOOK

Not long ago my Musical Theatre course did a practice Disney audition, and I got through to the end. I wasn't expecting to get through the first round - let alone the end! I was eager to find out what I'd be cast as. 'Maleficent,' I was told. Maleficent? I always get the evil characters so this wasn't a surprised to me. Recently I was thinking about it again and wondered what I'd look like if I did a make up look inspired by her. So that's what I did. The pictures are coming up on my screen quite bright, and on my camera screen it's slightly darker - so not sure how these will look to you! The purple on my cheeks and eyes is pretty dark in real.


























































































Products used in making this look:

  • Urban Decay Glinda Palette
  • Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette
  • Urban Decay Rockstar Pencil Eyeliner
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden 
  • Mac Matte Lipstick in Russian Red
  • MUA BB foundation in Light
  • MUA Glitterball Eyeshadow Palette - I used the dark green shade
  • Soap & Glory Mascara
To create this look I used the MUA BB foundation all over my face. I then used the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden all over my lids, cheeks and under my eyes. I then packed on Tornado from the Glinda Urban Decay palette all over my lids. I then used a blusher brush and sweeped Tornado all over the tops of my cheeks and worked it up towards the end of my eyebrows and my eyeshadow. I added to the centre of my lids Half Truth from the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary palette as it had a slight violet/blue shimmer to it which would catch the light nicely. Then popped Rockstar eyeliner by Urban Decay on my waterline. I then used the dark green in the MUA Glitterball palette under my eyes, and then used my finger tips to smudge lightly some of the green on the top of the purple on my cheeks to create more dimension. Also to create more dimension I lined the bottom of my cheekbone with a matte black, I chose Blackout from the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary palette. Then with a blending brush I added more Blackout to the line and worked my way down to create create depth in the cheeks. I filled in my eyebrows with a mix of Blackout and Tornado. To finish off the look I painted my lips with the gorgeous Russian Red lipstick from Mac, and then with a small brush I added Blackout to the inner part of the lips.

What do you think of what I've done?
Do you like creative looks like this?
I'd love to hear what you think, and I reply to all comments.
Thank you for reading, and thank you if you take the time to follow or comment!
Thank you, Beautiful.
 Below, Angelina Jolie as Maleficent in the movie that is due out next year.
























38 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic and the photos are brilliant xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you think so :D xxx

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing! The red lips really suit you!xx

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The lips are pretty daring :D xxx

      Delete
  3. I love this! Soo fun! :) Love the red lip, and the eyes look super gorgeous. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) That's s lovely for you to say :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love the lips, looks amazing x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so talented, and you make evil look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind! :) Thank you! I just love being creative! :) Thanks for your lovely comments as always! :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Love this so much fun! Loving the purple on the eyes <3

    wearmorecolour.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must admit after doing this look I'll be using more purple eye shadows in my everyday look! :) xx

      Delete
  7. Congrats on getting through and you're so talented! Love your make up, it's very dark and evil looking which really suits the character!

    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D That's so lovely! :) Thank you! :) That's such a loely comment :) xxx

      Delete
  8. omg you did such a good job!!! this is amazing!

    stephanieslook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh that's so kind! :) Thank you! :D xxx

      Delete
  9. beautiful look! love the contour xx

    www.okfashionbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the most fun part!! :D I loved doing that! :) Thanks for noticing :D xx

      Delete
  10. Wow this is so creative and dark. I love the gradient lips and purple contour! Your very talented.

    brainybeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D That's such a lovely thing to say! :) xxx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Ahhhh thank you!! :D You're too kind! :) xxx

      Delete
  12. Love the lips! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So subtle yet it makes a statement! :D Thank you! :) xx

      Delete
  13. This looks amazing! Your really talented!

    http://thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a sweet thing to say. :) I'm do glad you like it! :D xx

      Delete
  14. The lips are awesome!!!

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D I love the way they turned out :) xx

      Delete
  15. At first i thought someone had done the make-up for you, but i then read you had done it & it is excellent :D the cheekbones are awesome :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! :) You're such a lovely girl :) And thanks for the lovely comment :D xx

      Delete
  16. this looks incredible. very disney.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D I'm so glad that you think so! :D xx

      Delete
  17. The cheek definition is amazing. I might need to look at this post come Halloween.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely!! :D Thank you for the lovely comment :) xxx

      Delete
  18. Gorgeous make up!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Replies
    1. Ahh Marvelle <3 Thanks so much - That means so much :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥