Friday 15 February 2013

GLINDA URBAN DECAY PALETTE LOOK 1

As a Musical Theatre student I naturally want to play dress up. And because of the course we're forced to dance too Wicked. Okay that's a little over exaggerated. Enough about MT and more about make up! Glinda is a very flamboyant character and full of character. In the musical she wears very sheer pinks and creams and is kept very simple, like the character below. 

In the film Oz The Great And Powerful Glinda's make up is also very sheer and light, keeping it very mystical. I wanted to keep this look very true to that. I used only colours from the Urdan Decay Glinda palette to recreate my own version of the classic Glinda make up.
These are the colours I've used. If you want a more indepth look at each colours you can read it here. In order of left to right, top to bottom I used Tornado, Aura, Magic and Illusion. 
My nails are very Glinda-ry. Pink metallics and a handful of glitter. See a more detailed look at these nails here. The Lipstick is by MUA in shade 5.

I used Illusion all over the lids and used Magic in the crease and above. Then I used Aura on the brow bone and in the corner of my eye. I then used an angled brush and sweeped Tornado over the top and bottom lash line to emphasis the eyes. I then used a cheap pair of eyelashes to enhance the eyes a little more. In the pictures the make up is coming up slightly sheerer than it looks in person. On the cheeks I used Costa Del Soul, a gorgeous coral. You can see full swatches and the review here. I then used Nars Illuminator in Super Orgasm to give the tops cheeks more shimmer, as you can clearly see in the picture below. My hair has been curled with no heat, you can see how to here. I left my hair in the band for 90 mins before removing it, my hair was only slightly damp when I put it in. I wanted to create a subtle and sheer Glinda look and I think I've achieved it. I'm not a make up artist or have ever been trained in that way - I just love to be creative.
All products used:
  • Costa Del Soul MyFace Cosmetics blusher
  • Glinda Urban Decay palette
  • Stila whitening powder foundation
  • MUA BB foundation
  • MUA Eye Shadow Primer
  • Nars Super Orgasm Illumintor
  • Soap & Glory Mascara
  • MUA Lipstick in Shade 5
So what do you think of this look? Let me know what you think of this look.
Have you used any of these products?
Would you wear this?
Thank you so much for reading and all your comments.
And a massive thank you and hello to all my new and returning readers.
You mean the world.



25 comments:

  1. You look lovely hun and your nails look fab. The palette looks really nice but a bit pricey for me to be honest x

    thelittleblogofbeauty.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah the palettes are a bit pricey - but you get so much for the amount you spend! x

      Delete
  2. such a simple, pretty look! I love your nails too xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty and elegant! I love MUA products and am always interested in beauty bloggers who also use them. They are so cheap and yet so good haha. Great blog, love the UD palette but not the sort of colours I would use. Although I think they suite you!

    brainybeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Yeah they're very unique and different colours. I love them! Thank you so much for your kind comment :) xx

      Delete
  4. I have the Theodora palette, but now I'm dying for Glinda as well! The colours look beautiful on you, and great job on the eyes and nails. Gorgeous!

    Very cool that you're a musical theatre student...that must be so much fun!

    http://stephsbeautyboutique.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a lovely comment, thank you. I love the Theodora palette too! :D Yeah MT is good fun! Thank you again :D xx

      Delete
  5. You look so gorgeous and girly! Beautiful look.

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty look, I'm jealous of what you study, I'm saving for a theatre media makeup course xx

    mac lipstick giveaway. 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Ah it's good fun - And that course sounds amazing! I'd love to do something like that! xxx

      Delete
  7. I love this look, it's very pretty! Your nails are gorgeous too, that metalic pink is amazing!

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love that Essie nail polish! Thank you so much for your comment my sweet :) xx

      Delete
  8. Wow, you look gorgeous! Lovely eyeshadow shades

    Great post.
    Jade xx
    www.fairytalekiss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! They're so pretty aren't they! :D xx

      Delete
  9. Your eye makeup looks fantastic! Love your recreation of Glinda.

    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's so kind of you to say :) xxx

      Delete
  10. Love it :) xxx

    Loralovessequincoats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowee, I love those nails :-)

    asliceoflisaberry.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D Such a lovely comment :D x

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! They're so glittery! :D xx

      Delete
  13. Thank you so much for your lovely comment over on my blog. I have this pallet but I haven't had chance to try it out yet. The look you've created looks lovely, I'm not the best at applying eyeshadow so I love to see it when other people do it really well.

    I'd be happy to chat about the melt candles, you can tweet me @Ashleigh_Fell x

    bellesnbows.blogspot.co.uk

    Ps. Also following :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I'm no good at applying shadows either to be honest!! :D Thank you for the comment and following - Means a lot!! :D Now finding you on Twitter and can't wait to chat!! :D

      Thank you! :D x

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥