Sunday 24 February 2013

HOW I MAINTAIN MY CURLY AND FRIZZY HAIR - BUMBLE AND BUMBLE SHINE ON (AND ON...) FINISHING SPRAY, ALBERTO BALSAM AND BED HEAD.

As you can see, my natural hair is a mixture of curly, wavy and frizzy. Because of my layers the curls/waves vary. Most curly hair is prone to damage and mine is no exception. Because of my dry hair I avoid straighteners but I still blow dry and then use the curly hair with no heat technique. This is my hair when I've just washed it and left to dry. Everyone has their own ways of looking after their hair, but this is how I keep my frizzy hair in the best condition it can with no heat.
As a student I can't get amazing products so I ask for them on my birthdays and other occasions. Here is each product and what I do, and what it does for my hair.
  • Alberto Balsam Coconut and Lychee shampoo. I am in love with Alberto Balsam shampoos and conditioners at the moment as they're so well priced. £1?! Can't complain! These also claim to have all the ingredients the more high end hair products have. As a student these are a blessing, and I especially love the conditioners. I find that they're so nourishing and leave my hair silky soft. These also smell so good too and I get loads of compliments from using the Raspberry one. I'm not too bothered by shampoos and I'll use any of them, as I find that the conditioners benefit my hair more. So this little shampoo beauty does the trick. You can grab these lovely tubes of goodness from your nearest supermarket, I get mine from Tesco.
  • Bed Head TIGI Foxy Curls Frizz-Fighting Moisturelicious Conditioner. I really love this. However I don't think it stands out that much compared to other high street conditioners. It's good and does the job but I don't think it's worth the £9 price tag. You can get this at Fragrance Direct for £6.75. The one thing I love about this is the smell. My gosh. It smells divine. Once my hair has dried is smells like I've washed my hair in sweeties! My hair is good enough to eat once I've used this, and my boyfriend compliments me every time I use this and lasts until the next wash. Plus this really helps fight the frizz.
  • Bumble and Bumble Shine On Finishing Spray. This is another goodie from the lovely Holly Arabella - Check out her blog! I love this spray. It really defines my curls and keeps frizz at bay. I just spray some on and crunch my hair, and my curls are less frizzy and more defined. The one thing I don't like about it is its strong smell and it leaves my hands feeling dry. However once sprayed onto my hair you can't smell it at all, and my hair still smells of sweeties! I really love this, and I use it all the time on my curls. However I'm not a huge fan of using it on poker straight hair. It adds so much shine to my curls too which I am in love with, and this is definitely my to go to finishing spray. I think the price tag is a bit big for me, but I will be tempted to repurchase once used up. You can get the finishing spray from boots at £9.50 for 60mls or the 125mls that I have here from the Bumble and Bumble website for £21.50.
So that's my hair care for keeping my hair in tip top
shape while it's in its natural state!
What products do you use?
Do you have curly hair too?
If so what do you use?
Have you used these products?
I'd love to hear what you have to say, and I read and respond to all comments.
Thanks for reading, beautiful!




21 comments:

  1. I've managed to almost destroy my natural curls, how much i regret buying a decent pair of straighteners is unreal, it was just too tempting! Do you use any particular products that make your hair even curlier? Other than avoiding straighteners and letting my hair grow out, i don't know how i can encourage my hair to curl again!

    And I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets expensive hair products that I otherwise can't afford for christmas!
    xGlassesGirlx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've hardly used straighteners since 4 years ago. I used to use them religiously but my stylist told me to keep the straighteners away! And I did. I went through a phase where I had to plait my hair because it was a frizzy mess after I had damaged it for so long. And now I literally use those products. I used to use Umberto Giannini Scrunching Curl Friends to enhance my curls and keeps the frizz at bay, but now I don't need to use that as much, but still do on odd days. :)

      I know how you feel! :D
      xx

      Delete
  2. The shampoo version of that conditioner is well worth the cost as it's free from SLS nasties, and it's better than the condition, I think :) Curly hair looks good but damages as soon as you look at it, don't you think?! So annoying, ps, I love your hair xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give the shampoo a good looking :) There are some cheaper conditioners out there that are free from bad things, but it's good that Bed Head does that too!! :) Thank you so much for your kind comment! :) And yes, curly hair damages so easily!! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely going to have to give a few of these a try, because our hair is really similar! Mine is also super short though, so if left natural and product-free, I resemble a frizzy toilet brush or something hahaha! Thanks for the tips xxxx


    www.emmasbookofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you ever do pick any of these up, and I'd be interested to know what you use if our hair is so similar. And I can relate to that frizzy toilet brush feeling! :D xxx

      Delete
  4. You have such lovely long hair!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lovely!! :D Thank you so much!! xxx

      Delete
  5. Ah that shampoo sounds ammmmmmaaaaaazing! Gotta love a bit of coconut xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!! Soo cheap too, can't fault it!!! xxx

      Delete
  6. What lovely curls you have, I bet that shampoo smells wonderful too xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can get the alberto balsam shampoo and conidtioner for £1.49 for both from savers! :)
    X X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a bargain!! When I'm needing some next I'll go there to get it! :) xxx

      Delete
  8. I wish I had curly hair.
    Your curls are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahww you're way too kind! :D Thank you! :) I wish I had straight hair though as it'd be so much easier to manage! :D
      xx

      Delete
  9. Yay for lovely hair. So glad you like the Shine On & On too, it's amazing isn't it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥