Wednesday 6 March 2013

LADY GAGA MAC VIVA GLAM SWATCH AND REVIEW


This Mac Viva Glam lipstick colour inspired by the one and only Lady Gaga has been around a while now, but I still see people hunting for it on Ebay. I bought this a while back now from Mac and loved using it, so now I have my own blog I wanted to share this beauty with you. This lipstick has the usual Viva Glam packaging - Gorgeous smooth black shimmery bullet-like case with MAC written in red on the lid and with Lady Gaga's signature on the neck of the lipstick.
The lipstick's finish is lustre. The lipstick doesn't have a sheer coverage, but more of a soft creamy look with a sheen that is still buildable to create the subtle or block colour that you want. This colour has the perfect amount of shine that is not too glossy. I love this colour. The powdery pink looks lovely on my pale complexion but still not too pale to drown me out. This is a classic baby pink with a kick. The only thing I had trouble with was my dry lips. I usually like lustre finishes for Mac lipstick as I find that they don't cling to the dry parts of the lips, but I felt that this shade did that slightly, especially with more layers of the lipstick. Another point is that I felt that this was slightly drying on my lips like I find the occasional Mac lipstick to do so and stayed away from wearing this in the cold winter. Now that spring is here however, I think that this will be used a lot! I love wearing pastles in the spring, and this will give the usual pastel pink a twist. 

What do you think of this lipstick?
Are you a fan of Lady Gaga?
Did you buy this when it came out in Mac?
I'd also love to know your favourite Mac lipstick shade!
Thanks for reading! 



32 comments:

  1. You cannot beat a Mac lipstick! This is so beautiful! Although as I’ve got tanned skin I think it may be too light for me, boo. Looks so lovely though!xx
    zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very creamy and pale colour - So not too sure how this would be on tanned skin. Love Lorn would be a good alternative :) xx

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous colour, I'd love to get my hands on a Viva Glam lipstick! I've never tried a lustre finish, I'm more of a matte lady!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm a matte lady too!! I loooove Russian Red! :) xx

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely shade, very 60's retro. I tend to shy away from pinks, would be lovely to see what blush etc you would wear this with.

    Michelle x
    www.theneverendingwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to do a look for this lipstick :) Thanks for the lovely comment :) xx

      Delete
  4. I snapped this up when it came out - I do love it but I find it hard to wear unless I'm a bit tanned or use a lot of bronzer! xx

    Made In A Cup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job you did - It's lovely! I'm pale and I think it suits me fine - But I'm never tanned! Haha :) xx

      Delete
  5. Ah I love it!! I love the Nicki Minaj Viva Glam sticks as well, this is so gorgeous. I need to get my hands on it asap.

    Thanks for the review!

    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have that colour! Although I don't wear that one as much as this :) xx

      Delete
  6. I love the look of this, but I know I'm too pale for it.. I have to have something a little less pale :) xx

    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pale too! :) All of a matter of personal opinion though :) I'll wear any lipstick! :D xx

      Delete
  7. i bought the viva glam nicki and omg i look hideous with it on! was my biggest mac lipstick fail ever xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that lipstick is a tough one!! I do like it, but it's my least used. :) xx

      Delete
  8. Nominated you for an award - see my blog -

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/and-nominee-for-beautiful-blog-goes-too.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous colour! I normally don't wear baby pinks as it wouldn't flatter me :(

    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah oh, that's a shame! :( :( Still such a pretty colour though :)

      Delete
  10. This looks so pretty! Want want want lol

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! :D So lovely isn't it! I had to buy it! :) xx

      Delete
  11. I absolutely adore this lipstick. I have it and it will be making an appearance this summer :)

    Em

    x

    Em’s Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
  12. M.A.C lipsticks just get me mega excited in general! This colour looks gorgeous on you, from what I can see. Such a shame it doesn't suit my skin tone :( Beautyqueenuk nominated us both so thought I would check your blog out!

    would love for you to check mine out if you have a minute, www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a new follower too :D

      Delete
    2. Ah same!!! I looove Mac lipsticks!! And thank you! Such a shame that it isn't your colour. Thank you!! :) Now checking out your blog - Thanks for stopping buy! :)
      xx

      Delete
    3. And I followed you too! :D xx

      Delete
  13. Not a bad colour, shame I can't stand Lady Gaga :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yeah - I was like that with the Nicki Minaj Viva Glam, I really don't like her, but was fond of the lippy! :) xx

      Delete
  14. So nice! definitely investing! Glad I found your blog!! Following!

    Meg
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind!! :D It's a lovely colour! :D Thanks so much, :D
      xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥