Sunday 24 March 2013

RIMMEL MATTE FINISH TOP COAT REVIEW AND LOOK

I was recently on the hunt for a matte top coat. After searching high and low in the beauty shops in Colchester I finally found one. The Rimmel Matte Finish Mattifyng Topcoat was the last one in Superdrug and I couldn't wait to get home at try it.
I used Max Factor's Nail Varnish in Boji as my base colour and then applied two coats of the Matte Finish on top. The clear varnish glides on easily and looks glossy, but quickly turns into a frosted look, and then into a matte finish. I love the effect and how it looks. It gives the colour chosen a soft matte look which looks very sleek and chic but the only bad thing I have to say about this is the texture. It has a rough feel to it that gets on my nerves at times, but then again I am a texture person! The Angelica matte finish varnishes had a gorgeous soft feel on the nails which I much prefer. However I really love the look of this top coat and I cannot wait to use it on more colours! It gives my nails a statement without it being over done. Such a simple and gorgeous look.
This little top coat costs £4.59 from your local Boots or Superdrug. Currently in Boots their Rimmel Lycra polishes are two for £6.

What do you think of this polish?
Do you like matte nails?
I'd love to hear from you and I respond to all comments!
Thanks for reading beautiful!



24 comments:

  1. Ooo wow! I love it Hannah. Never seen this polish before, definitely want to try it!

    Amy xxx

    www.amodernminute.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really handy for adding that edge to your nails that is so easy! :D Perfect for a lazy girl like me! :P xx

      Delete
  2. Long time no comments from me! :D I am FINALLY back into the blogging business and was so excited to see your post! Looks like I'm going to have to invest in a new top coat! I love that they make top coats that turn your polish into a matte finish! Great post Hannah :D I'm looking forward to reading many more!

    Hill

    http://thebugthatfleeps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hill!! Nice seeing you back on the blogging world again! Missed exchanging comments. So glad you enjoyed reading and I can't wait to read more from your blog too! :D So nice seeing you back!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I love matte nails! I have an ELF matte topcoat which I rally like and it's smooth, but I do find the matte effect kind of wears off after a couple of days - I guess it depends how long you wear nail polish for, it doesn't really affect me as I change my nails pretty often! Might be worth you picking up, it's only a couple of pounds!

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My have to look into the Elf one once this is up! :) The matte effect on this one seems to last a while. :)
      Thank you! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Love the colour, it looks great with a matte effect. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this! It looks so gorgeous over black nail varnish! It brings your whole nail varnish collection to life again- I love it!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine!! :) I agree with you, gives your usual colours a different edge! :) xx

      Delete
  6. I'm on my third bottle of the stuff, love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this topcoat, it's brilliant. Matte nails can look so awesome as well, try mattifying a glittery polish - it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've already done that! ;) And I agree! Looks gorgeous!! xx

      Delete
  8. This looks so sophisticated, I love it!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got this one too but haven't used it yet haha :) might have to give it a go later x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do! I'd love to see what yours look like! :) xx

      Delete
  10. Love this colour x

    Nominated you - see my blog - http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/versatile-blogger-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a pretty colour. :) And thank you!! :D I'll check it out! :) xx

      Delete
  11. This color is so pretty! Lovely blog(: New follower here, you can check out my blog and follow back if you wish

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :) You're too kind. I'm looking forward to checking your blog out! :) xx

      Delete
  12. Oh this look's lovely! I've been trying to find a decent top coat and base coat, I will defiantly keep an eye out for this one!

    http://beautyblogjessb.blogspot.co.uk/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks great! :) It's not a bad price tag either! :) Thanks so much for reading! :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥