Tuesday 14 July 2015

MY TOP 5 MAC LIPSTICKS

I am a massive Mac lipstick fan, as are the majority of the people on this planet. I'm constantly looking at peoples Mac lipstick posts as I'm always on the hunt for my next favourite. Whenever I go to a counter I'm overwhelmed by the amount of colours and usually go by recommendations from different bloggers - So  I hope this helps in a way! I have over 40 - Yup, I' m surprised too - Mac lipsticks, so chosing my top 5 was hard, but I think I got it down to 5 very different shades.
Heroine, Taupe, Nouvelle Vogue, Lavender Whip and So Chaud

Heroine - P - Matte - This is one of my favourite purples Mac has ever done. The pigmentation is literally out of this world, and I honestly believe this looks great on any skin tone. I rock it with my white complexion, and I've seem deep skin tones kill this shade! The staying power of this is faultless, and I'm so glad Mac made this permanent! This is a staple, and I know many people who have it in their collections. If you're looking for a pop of colour, this is the way forward!
Taupe - P - Matte - This is a new addition to my collection, and I cannot get enough! I'm only just getting into the nude shades, and being pale I find it hard to find a nude that doesn't make me look dead. Again this has amazing pigmentation and staying power, like the majority of their matte finishes. I originally went in to buy Velvet Teddy and came out with this, so if you're a fan of that shade, check this one out!
Nouvelle Vogue - LE - Matte - Although this is limited edition I had to include this. I rarely wear pinks, but this is perfect with a smokey eye! I wear this mostly to work as it's a really lovely natural pink. It's a really pretty rose pink which works so lovely with my skin tone, and looks so delicate. Again it has great pigmentation and longevity. If you're looking for a pretty pink that's wearable, grab this in a future collection.
Lavender Whip - LE - Cremesheen - I rarely go for Cremesheen finishes as I just don't get on with them, but this I make a huge exception! This is so pretty on the lips, and gives a lovely pinky purple colour without it being too much. This is perfect for adding a injection of colour without going for something like Heroine. It does need occasional touch ups during the day, but this is gorgeous for spring and summer.
So Chaud - P - Matte - I love red lips, and I went through a few months of just using reds - Ruby Woo - but wanted to try something different. When my sister got me this for my birthday I couldn't wait - It's a perfect combo of red and orange, and it has that slight orange tint which makes you question if it is red or not! It's ideal for a change of red for the summer season, and I think this is going to be a staple for me!
I did realise that most of these are matte - but I can help that matte is such a good formula! I hope this gives some inspiration, and if you want anything like this for any of the other Mac products let me know and I'll get finding! 

Thanks for reading! 

10 comments:

  1. Novelle Vogue looks so nice - why did it have to be limited edition!? I have a MAC voucher and want to buy a new lipstick but I have no clue which one!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many to choose from!!! :D
      xxx

      Delete
  2. So Chaud looks like such a nice shade! Love a good matte lipstick x

    www.beautyandthebudgetsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's to die for!! Perfect spin on a classic red for summer! xx

      Delete
  3. I've found a new MAC lipstick on my lust list thanks to this post, I own all of the others! I think you have amazing taste ;)

    Love Liv!
    www.dungarees-and-donuts.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you have good taste too ;) Glad you've found a new shade! ;D

      xxx

      Delete
  4. One of my friends has Heroine and she always wears it on nights out, I've fallen in love with it! Definitely on the wish list. Loving the look of So Chaud too!

    Sinead | sineadclaire.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heroine is everywhere at the moment!! :D And So Chaud is gorgeous!! xx

      Delete
  5. Wow can't believe you have 40 Mac lipsticks! I thought I had a lot but you've made me feel better! ha Love the shade of Taupe, may have to add it to my wishlist!

    Danielle | Simplicity Rose x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a problem! Haha! I'm glad you've found new one to add to your list!

      xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥