Friday 17 July 2015

JEFFREE STAR VELOUR LIQUID LIPSTICK REVIEW AND SWATCH - I'M ROYALTY AND 714

I've had these beauties since they first came out - I'm Royalty back at the beginning of the year, and 714 a few months on. I have worn these to death, and I am constantly reaching for I'm Royalty, as I've never seen a purple shade like it! These lipsticks are the children of the fashion and beauty icon, Jeffree Star. I'd followed some of his music as a teen, so it was really cool to see him making a name for himself in the beauty world. The packaging is really girly, but still keeping classy. I've dropped these many times and never had problem with chipping or spilling - so a good lipstick to throw in the bag!
I'm Royalty is one of my most worn shades. If you follow me on Instagram, you will see that most of the time I am rocking this gorgeous shade of purple. I am a huge wearing of purples, so to find one that I adore completely is saying something. This takes a few times to get the hang of how to apply. Since it dries so quickly and because of the insane pigmentation, it can be tricky. I recommend using a brush to start with, but for the sake of the product and these pictures I applied it using the wand. These go on liquid, and within 15 seconds dry into a matte finish. This product stays on all day, with no need for touch ups.
I love 714, and it's a perfect balance between a neon and a pastel coral. It's the perfect holiday colour, and this will see me right through the summer. As much as I love this shade, it can be a bit of a nightmare. Because it's not as dark as I'm Royalty, this has a tenancy to streak on me - but only slightly. The problem is avoided with careful application, but it can be a bit of a hassle when in a rush. It has the exact finish and staying power as I'm Royalty, the only difference is the colour!
Being an American brand there's few places to grab these from. I recommend Cocktail Cosmetics, as that's where I bought mine and they're always restocking new colours. I have my eye on Weirdo and Anna Nicole next! I really recommend these lippies if you're on the hunt for more unusual colours that really do live beyond the price tag. For £13, you get a well pigmented colour that stays on your lips all day without fault - What's not to love?

Check out the other bold colours 
by Jeffree Star on Cocktail Cosmetics for £13!
Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. The photography on this post is literally stunning, the colours look so vivid and pretty. Perfect for summer! Looks like I may need to check out these out as I had no idea Jeffree Star had even done a makeup line! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is SUCH a huge compliment! I've been working hard on making my photos better, so that means a lot!

      Thank you so much for your comment - It's made my day!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I friggn' need these in my life so bad, they are literally like the perfect colours for me I cannot find a pink which is that bright anywhere else!!

    Love Liv!
    www.dungarees-and-donuts.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are GORGEOUS! Honestly, get on it Olivia! You'd love them xxx

      Delete
  3. oh wow, these are such amazing colours! i love the coral shade for summer x

    http://the-dress-diaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect isn't it?! Great for summer!

      xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥