Monday 27 July 2015

MAC CONCEALER COMPARE - PRO LONGWEAR AND SELECT COVER-UP

It can be overwhelming when going to Mac and not knowing what you're out to buy. There's so many different types and finishes of lipsticks, foundations and eyeshadows - It can be hard to decide between a few! The Pro Longwear has been an absolute favourite of mine for a year now, and when I went to repurchase it for the third time, I wondered what it'd be like to dabble in the other concealers. Being a student I had little money, and the Select  Cover-Up was cheaper and had more product, so I decided to go for it. But what are they like compared? This isn't an in depth review of both, but a light comparison so you can decide which is best for yourself.
The way in which the Pro Longwear dispenses, is a little pump on top of the glass bottle. Now, I know people like this due to hygiene, but boy, I cannot get on with it. It dispenses way too much for me. Sometimes I want a tiny bit just to step out the house, but it always gives me too much, wasting pretty much the whole pump. I love the Select Cover-Up dispenser, just a small tube to squeeze and the correct amount pops out the nozzle. Perfect for touch ups or small areas, and no need for wasting product. When it comes to the price of the product and the amount you get, Select Cover-Up has 10mls for £15.50, while Pro Longwear has 9mls for £17.50, so that makes Select Cover-Up the cheaper option.
I am the palest shade, so it's NW15 for me, but as you can see, Pro Longwear (Top) is slightly darker than the Select Cover-Up (Bottom), so if Pro Longwear is slightly too dark for the pale princess, try out the Select Cover-Up. I use a blending sponge to blend them in, and they both work well with it. Select Cover-Up is much more natural looking, and I feel it gives a skin like finish that feels weightless. I really love using this for lighter looks or on my 'good skin' days as it gives me a glowing sheen which I really like. Pro Longwear is thicker and covers much more than the other, so it's good for those annoying dark circles and that pesky red spot. I use Pro Longwear when I'm going out for big meals, gigging or when I'm doing peoples makeup. It hardly needs touching up and lasts forever! It dries down mostly to a matte, but still has a slight satin look to it. I rarely use powder on my face, but if you do it gives it extra longevity.
Pro Longwear has 16 shades, and Select Cover-Up has 13 according to the UK website.
Overall, I don't have a preference as I use them for different purposes. If you're going for more of a polished look and complete cover I'd go for Pro Longwear, but if you want a very natural looking concealer with good coverage go for Select Cover-Up. Both are buildable for the desired look. If Pro Longwear has a better dispenser I might have swung towards it, but it's such a pet peeve of mine!
I hope this helps find the perfect Mac concealer. I'll post looks with both of them soon with a more in depth review of them individually so keep an eye on my Twitter for when that's up!

Thanks so much for reading, 
and don't forget to check out my Blog Lovin'!

6 comments:

  1. I've used the Select Cover-Up in the past and agree, its nice for light coverage. I've always wanted to try the Pro Longwear but every time I go to purchase it in store, my shade is out of stock. :-)


    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Defo check out the Pro Longwear, it's really really good for that overall flawless look!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love Pro Longwear, but I've never used Select Cover-Up.. I may have to pick it for days where I want a more natural look! x

    TR's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a test out in the store when you go in to compare them both, you can tell that Select Cover-Up has a lighter consistency! :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I've tried the Pro Longwear before and it's SO good x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a staple!! Couldn't go to anything else!!
      xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥