Tuesday 12 March 2013

CHINESE DRAGON INSPIRED LOOK

Before we go any further, all photos have been taken with a digital camera or mobile phone, as my SLR is at home - currently away studying. 
I'm a huge fan of anything oriental, so when I decided to do a look inspired by a Chinese Dragon, I couldn't be more excited. Now I'm back at uni I have less time, no SLR camera, less make up and less awakeness, so I had to make do with what I had - And I hope you still enjoy reading just as much.
To create this look I focused on precision of lines and keeping both eyes as symmetrical as I possibly could - Not a strength of mine! Here's the products I used and how I used them.
  • Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Electrum  - I used this all over my lids and carried on to create a flick, and then back under my eyes again. I loved using this colour as the gorgeous gold had an amazing colour pay off. Although this creased on me so much, even with a decent primer. Such a shame, as it's so pretty to look at. I also used this on the eyebrows. I then dabbed it in the middle of my lips.
  • Topshop Matte Eyeshadow in Painted - I used a wet angled brush to apply this below the eye and slightly at the top of the black winged eyeliner.
  • Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow in Black Out - I used this above the gold on the lid to create more of a comparison, then on the bottom of the eyes to create a line going into two flicks.
  • Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner - I used this to go over the 'sharpier' points on the winged liner.
  • Mac Russian Red Matte Lipstick - I used this on my lips, then had the Electrum in the middle. I applied the Russian Red very lightly so it was almost a faded red.
So that's the main list of products used and how I went about using them. Again sorry for not using my SLR, I have posts lined up from my SLR, and will be using it again in the next few weeks. 

What do you think of this look?
Inspired you in any way?
I'd love to hear from you, and I reply to all comments!
Thanks for reading, beautiful!







20 comments:

  1. This is amazing!!! You are so talented hun. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh you're too kind!! Thank you! :) xx

      Delete
  2. oh this is awesome :)!! very inspiring :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you!! :D I really enjoyed doing this! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the two toned lip hun! And your precision with the eyes look amazing. Brilliant look :)

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a lovely comment!! :D I'm really glad that you think so, thank you :) xx

      Delete
  4. This is fantastic xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your metallic looking lips! Great make up inspiration, sort of reminds me of the Black Swan.

    http://dreamdustx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D Oh I've never seen it, so can't relate!! :D Thanks so much :) xx

      Delete
  6. Eye look is really gorgeous, well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful look x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The eyes really remind me of Black Swan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats so cool, I love it!

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, I'm speechless, what a beautiful look! I really have to try this out someday, it's so effective :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh what a lovely comment!! :D I'm so glad that you like it. :) If you do, please let me know! I'd loooove to see it! :) Thanks again for such a lovely comment :) xxx

      Delete
  11. Wow really beautiful !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥