Sunday 20 January 2013

ILLAMASQUA BODY ELECTRICS ILLUMINE SHIMMER BODY OIL SWATCH AND REVIEW


I received this Illamasqua Body Electrics Illumine Oil from the lovely Holly Arabella a week a go as she no longer wanted it. I WAS SO HAPPY. I'd spotted this a few weeks prior and wanted this so bad. First of all, how gorgeous does this look? The body oil is part of the Illamasqua Body Electrics collection, featuring more gorgeous eyeshadows and stunning nail varnishes. For some reason I expected it to be slightly bigger, but in fact its the size and probably volume of a foundation. But that aside, it still looks gorgeous. Sitting on my shelf it looks so pretty, the golden liquid shimmering and catching the light. I just can't get over how beautiful this looks. I almost can't trust my self holding it, imagine if it broke all over my floor and the gorgeous magical liquid got absorbed into my carpet! The thought kills me!
How gorgeous does this look? Amongst all the golden and bronze shimmers I spot some silver and violet iridescent specs. It's just simply breathtaking. Another thing you notice straight away is it's tropical scent. This oil has a gorgeous passion fruit smell to it, and once rubbed into the skin I can smell a soft scent of passion fruit. I'm a massive fan of body shimmer, and this is most definitely in my top 3. Once spread over my decollatage, the oil is immediately soaked up leaving no grease feeling - Just gorgeous shimmer! This photo below doesn't do it any justice, this body oil really does give some amazing shine. I love using this, and I love the way it looks on my shelf, catching the light so delicately. Because of how expensive it is, I don't want to use much of it! A great point of this product is it's life, it lasts 2 years! Such a bonus for me. You can grab this bottle of gorgeous shimmer in two colours, Volt and Pulse. The one I have here is in Pulse. You can get it from Debenhams for £32. As I said, a little to expensive for body shimmer. But there's something very enticing about it - But then again all Illamasqua products give me that impression! Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed. Let me know what you think of it too!


20 comments:

  1. Hey I nominated you for a Liebster award :) http://www.stylingnovice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is gorgeous. I am so jealous! Not sure that I want to spend the money on a body shimmer, but this is definitely making me second guess that...I love that it has a nice tropical scent! What a great thing to have for the summer! A little swipe on the shoulders and chest for the beach would be perfect! Great post :D

    Hill
    http://thebugthatfleeps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, £32 is a bit expensive, but it looks stunning!! Thank you so much for your comments on my blog, it' lovely seeing regular here. Thank you so much! :) xx

      Delete
    2. Absolutely! You are on my reading list, so I'll surely be a regular :D

      Delete
    3. That's put a huuuge smile on my face! Can't tell you how much that means to me - Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  3. such a pretty color! :)

    Im already following your blog :)

    <3

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it! :) Thank you, I love your blog! :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Love your blog, I've nominated you for Versatile Blogger Award on my blog

    http://bekasbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/versatile-blogger-award-nomination.html

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really lovely! Bet it's so gorgeous in the summer with a tan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I can't WAIT to wear it in the summer! :D xxx

      Delete
  6. this maybe a must for summer!! love it :)

    new follower - http://clairspopupcloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty!! :D I'll check your blog when I'm back home :)
      Thank you for following my blog!
      x

      Delete
  7. This looks gorgeous!

    Kimberley x

    Http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Will be so lovely with a suntan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Can't wait to use this in the summer!! :D x

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It's so lovely!! Can't wait to use it in the summer. :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥