Wednesday 25 February 2015

OCC LIP TAR - VAIN SWATCH AND REVIEW

I am Hannah - A OCC worshiper. I love OCC, and I have a small growing collection of 6 colours which I adore. OCC Lip Tars are highly pigmented liquid lipsticks that come in every colour imaginable. Green, bright yellow, glittery red, bright blue and this bold blue - Vain. I am obsessed with creating new shades of lipsticks by mixing different colours together - I can't stop!
The Lip Tar comes in a little pouch with its own cute brush which is ideal for on the go girls. Throw it into the bag with no worries about accidental spillages. The pigmentation of this is insane. You need the littlest amount, this product goes a long way! It is slightly tricky to apply because even if you have slightly more product that you need, it will create streaks, but it's easy enough to fix with a little bit of tissue paper! It dries down to a semi matte finish which is really flattering. I seriously love this shade, it's perfect for mixing with other shades or if you're bold enough - alone! It's ideal for shows and bold editorial looks, so I will be trying to wiggle this in to future posts! The down side about this is that it seriously stained. I had to scrub this off, and even after some scrubbing it still left a slight tint of  blue - Not pretty! I will have to prime my lips in future to try and prevent this! The life of this shade is as impressive as always and lasts the day with little touch ups. I have already reviewed Nylon and Chlorophyll.

Have you tried OCC before?
What do you think of this bold shade?
Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god I think I need to invest - the colour is stunning! I'm such a massive fan of any 'out there' cosmetic colours, they can create such unique and brilliant looks.
    And who doesn't want to look like a smurf at the end of the day... maybe I'll have to invest in some industrial strength makeup remover too, if I get my hands on these little beauties.
    Lovely review, and the colour looks amazing on!

    little miss fii || Fii x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you will need some good makeup remover! Haha! I do love OCC, becoming one of my favourite lipstick brands!! I love mixing my own shades!

      xx

      Delete
  2. This is an amazing colour!! Looks great. M xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥