Friday 20 February 2015

PULP FICTION URBAN DECAY REVIEW AND SWATCH

I got this gorgeous little palette as a Christmas present, as you can tell from the dodgy Christmas background, but for some reason it has taken me so long to review! Life gets in the way sometimes! This palette is inspired by Pulp Fiction, if you couldn't tell! This palette is perfect for throwing in your bag in a hurry as it has really nice everyday colours, and a teeny brush to compliment that. If this appeals to you, you can still get this from Debenhams for £17.50 - despite it being limited edition.
When I tried this in store I fell in love with how smooth and buttery the shadows were! I stood there for a few moments with my mum as I cooed over how gorgeous they are. This palette is ideal for me - I can create a smokey eye with the browns and the black, or a bright wide awake look with the creams and golden brown. The brush is nice, the smaller side being good for lining the eye with a smokey shadow, and the thicker side isn't too bad for blending - A really nice brush for on the go girls.
L-R - Righteous, Tyranny, Vengeance, Anger and Furious.

I love the names, they seem to work with the palette and suit the film. First off we have Righteous which is a really pretty shade, and isn't far of my skin tone. This a really pretty shade and creates a nice glow on my eyes, yet it is slightly powdery, but still workable. This reminds me slightly of Foxy, one of my favourite matte shadows from Urban Decay. Tyranny is faultless. It is so buttery and creamy, and this is the primary reason for me wanting this palette. This is a gorgeous warm brown that looks lovely on. It's gorgeous to blend and is just an absolute treat. Vengeance is another shadow that is just perfect. This warm, deep brown works so well with Tyranny, and blends beautifully. It has great payoff, and the colour looks beautiful. I had slight troubles with Anger, a dark black with a very slight sparkle. To me, this doesn't have that great payoff - But does the job. It blends okay with other shadows, but it's not a colour I reach for. Furious is slightly brighter than Righteous, but you probably can't tell on my pasty arms! I think I prefer this one to Righteous, just because it's brighter and makes more of a difference against my skin. It has lovely payoff, but not as good as Tyranny! I want to do a look with this soon, so watch out for a natural look using just this palette.

Did you pick this up?
You can still grab it from Debenhams for £17.50.
Do you like this palette?
Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. nice pictures, I think if we continue down gfc kisses ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this palette - I too got it for Christmas. Beautiful quality and lovely packaging too. Great post x
    Lady Ellumina | Personal Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's gorgeous isn't it!! Perfect to throw in your bag! xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥