Sunday 20 January 2013

MAC TROPICAL MIST LIPSTICK BY CARINE ROITFELD SWATCH AND REVIEW

Tropical Mist was bought out with Carine Roitfeld's collection available at Mac. I noticed that these limited edition items weren't on sale for very long, an even shorter time than most limited edition things. I was lucky to pick the 2nd from last one up right before Christmas at the Colchester Mac counter, a few weeks after it had been taken off the online Mac store. 'Edgy and provocative, image-maker, editor and stylist, Carine Roitfeld edits her signature look into a collection of chic colours and tools inspired by her aesthetic, featuring limited-edition shades and two new seductive Eye and Cheek compacts.'
I love the name of this. It's such a gorgeous name and makes me want to see what the colour is right way. I also love how this lipstick looks. It's still the iconic Mac Lipstick bullet shape, but has a matte finish which makes it looks so classy. Then on the bottom of the bullet is a glossy MAC print and Carine's initials. In the bullet you expect the lipstick to give your lips a beige nude colour, but it's totally different. It's almost clear. with a nude tint to it, it takes away any bright red or bold pink pigments in the lips and gives it a gorgeous, subtle nude finish, without making to much of an impact. This lipstick is perfect for keeping the focus on your eyes. The fact that it's a lustre finish should have given me the idea that it wouldn't be as opaque as I thought! Even though it's slightly clear, it doesn't feel like gloss on my lips. I use this lipstick all the time for my smokey eyes as it keeps my lips looking nude and natural at the same time. Who would have thought?! You may be able to pick this up in a nearby Mac store as I believe a few still do, if not I have seen it online but be careful for fakes. Thanks for reading! What do you think of this colour? Did you like the collection?

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's so sheer, but still so lovely! :) x

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous lip color! I love that it's a nude that is actually matte! MAC lipsticks are my vice.

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's my perfect every day lipstick!! :D xx

      Delete
  3. Oo, this is nice! I'd shy away if I saw this in store as it looks too nude for my liking but I'm pleasantly surprised :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - Looks like it'd be so much more nude, but it's so natural! :) x

      Delete
  4. The color looked a little too pinky and light to me in the tube, but on your lips it looks beautiful! I love that you include pictures of the lipsticks actually on your lips...it really shows the color much better! Great post :D

    Hill
    http://thebugthatfleeps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D That means a lot :) It's so pretty isn't it! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Thank you for stopping by my blog am following back

    Thisdayilove

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog, I would really appreciated if you could check out my blog and maybe give me some advice? I'm blogging about fashion for guys, and I'm also new to this whole experience so your advice would be really appreciated!

    Thanks in advance

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    I also followed you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I would love to check it out :)
      x

      Delete
  7. Gorgeousssss blog! Loving that lipstick shade. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FOLLOWING :D I have followed your blog ofcourse :)
    Hamida X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much! You are very welcome! :D xx

      Delete
  8. This is such a gorgeous, natural shade! So pretty

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the new MAC packaging! Love this colour too, a good everyday one!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is to die for isn't it?! :D
      x

      Delete
  10. Love this shade so much x Hayley-Eszti

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's gorgeous! Thank you for the follow, I'll check your blog out too! :) x

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥