Monday 25 February 2013

LUSH DRAGON'S EGG BALLISTIC BATH BOMB REVIEW AND PICTURES

I am a huge fan of ALL things Lush, and I could easily spend all my time and money in those gorgeous shops, but as a student - I can't! Boo! This gorgeous little ballistic bath bomb is Dragon's Egg. This little beauty was part of my Valentines present from my caring and lovely boyfriend! I was so excited to try this out, so I watched a few videos on this on Youtube before I received it, just so I know what I was expecting. Before you even see this gorgeous speckled bath bomb. you smell it! It's a very powerful smell and smells of sweet lemons and jasmine. Strangely though, having it on my bedside table while I watched TV made me sneeze! If you're not a fan of strong smelling stuff from Lush, as I know a few people are - my close friend can't even walk past the shop - then this one probably isn't for you.
Once dropped into the warm water it starts fizzing a bright white, and suddenly changes into a gorgeous bronze orange. When it gets to the heart of the bath bomb it starts fizzing gold dust and floods the bath with it's sparkliness.
The little spots on the bath bomb turned into this jelly substance which made my bath look even more lovely among all the glitter. In some Youtube videos some of the ballistics had none of this confetti looking circles, and a handful did. Some of the confetti pieces even turned into transparent scales, but mine didn't do this. I even left my bath in for an hour to see if these would change, but they just floated at the top in its jelly bubbles.
Once out the bath and dried, I noticed I had loads of glitter on me. Even though it was a lot, it's not in an 'Hi I'm Edward Cullen,' kind of way. However the next day I noticed glitter all over my house! My bath needed a good clean too, and there still was a soft scent of lemons in the air.
I loved this ballistic. The reason why my boyfriend chose it is because I'm obsessed with the game Spyro, a game about a little purple dragon! I would repurchase this as it made my bath so pretty, and I smelt so good after. It smelt gorgeous and looked lovely too. The only thing I advise is if you get this, expect loads of glitter!

Have you tried this ballistic before?
What is your favourite Lush product?
What do you think of this ballistic?
I'd love to hear from you and I respond to all comments!
Thanks for reading, and thanks if you take the time to comment,
or even follow.
Thank you, beautiful!

32 comments:

  1. This looks really fun! I did an alternative review of some lush products recently and my favourite pick of the bunch was a lip balm called the kiss :) http://fillmylittleworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not tried that lip balm. I know it was for valentines though! I'll check your post out :) xx

      Delete
  2. This looks gorgeous! I'm a Lush addict too, and the glittery, colourful ballistics like these are my favourites! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I like my ballistics to be beautiful!! :D xx

      Delete
  3. This bath bomb looks so pretty, but I'm not a fan of products that leave me covered in glitter :( Would love to try this though! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is VERY glittery, and as I said it gets everywhere! There's plenty with no glitter :) I have a Avobath review soon :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hello, my name is Rachel and I am a lushaholic...

    -->Have you tried this ballistic before? Not this one no but almost all the others I have
    -->What is your favourite Lush product? Snow fairy shower gel
    -->What do you think of this ballistic? too much glitter but looks cute

    xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still yet to try the Snow Fairy! Heard so many raves about it!! Thanks for this comment, it's so lovely to read people's opinions! xx

      Delete
  5. I love bath bombs which leave glitter...well when you're on the bath it's nice, but after it's a bit annoying haha!

    sophie-lillie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a LOT of glitter!! It is lovely though! :) xx

      Delete
  6. Lush is amazing. I used to make my Mum angry when I would cover the bathroom in glitter from my Lush Bath Bombs and Dusting Powders! Will have to try this one. Maria xx
    admireandadapt.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa!! My mum goes nuts!! I try and find the most glittery bath bombs on purpose ;) Thanks for the comment! :) xxx

      Delete
  7. I love Spyro too! This looks amazing, I love the glitter effect!

    http://thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad someone else does! ;) Thanks for the comment! :) xxx

      Delete
  8. OMG the pic of when you put it in the bath looks like a dragon, the shape of the bubbles? Orange dragon.. no? Just me! Haha! Loved Spyro, he was soooo cute! xx

    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I CAN TOTALLY SEE THAT NOW!! How did I not see that before?! Haha! :D xx

      Delete
  9. I am a Lush fiend! This looks amazing, I will have to try it. I did a post about Lush products a few days ago! Check it out.

    xoxo
    Rachel
    http://www.artofblank.com/2013/02/lush-product-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will see!! :D I looove Lush too! Just everything amazes me in there! Thanks for the comment, can't wait to check your reviews! xx

      Delete
  10. it's so gorgeous... too bad it leaves such a mess in the tub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a pity, some tend to though. It's so pretty though! :D xx

      Delete
  11. Wow that bath bomb looks so pretty when it's all fizzy! The gold glitter makes the water looks so magical. I never take baths so I don't think I'll be buying a Lush ballistic anytime soon.

    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does look magical! Yeah I don't have a bath at my flat :/ So I used it back home! :D Miss my baths! :) xx

      Delete
  12. I'm gonna have to try this! I love the karma bubble bar, cinders + the comforter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty!! :D I'll check those out next time I'm in lush :D xxx

      Delete
  13. It's a stunner alright! :D I love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm spyro obsessed too! The pictures looked so creamy as it exploded! x
    http://hollieappleby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spyro rocks!! Yes, it looks so creamy! :D xx

      Delete
  15. I love Lush products, especially the Karma stuff and I love Spyro :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I agree - Karma stuff is lovely! :D xx

      Delete
  16. Oh how I love Lush stuff!!! It smells so good :-) Great post (even though I'm reading it in 2014!)

    Helen x

    www.allthebeautifulthings.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love lush!! Must try this one x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can even include different treats like vitamin E, rosewater or hazel. Rose water separated from having an astonishing fragrance likewise has conditioning properties which your skin will thank you for.quality bath products



    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥