Saturday 16 February 2013

MUA LIPSTICK SWATCHES - SHADE 7, SHADE 15, SHADE 16, SHADE 4, SHADE 3 AND SHADE 5.

In order we have shade 7, shade 15, shade 16, shade 4, shade 3 and shade 5.
I've done all these swatches outside, so the pictures may not be as clear as they'd be with flash. I wanted to show these swatches nearest to their colours as I possibly could. These are the first ever MUA lipsticks I had ever tried, and at £1 a pop you can't complain. I usually swear by Mac lipsticks, so I was curious to how these turned out. The wear on all of them is nothing special, but does the job perfectly. These are just as good as many other high street products out there, so check MUA out before purchasing anything you're not too sure on! 

SHADE 3
As I said in my previous MUA post, it's a shame these aren't named.
That would give the colours more personality!
Anyway we have Shade 3, a gorgeous dark yet bright pink.
Even though it's bright it still has a soft look to it so it 
doesn't come off as bright as it looks in the tube.
This reminds me a lot of  Punk Pink by BarryM,
You can see that post here.
I really love how this comes out, and this is pretty moist too for
a lipstick - it's not drying at all like a lot of 'cheaper' lipsticks
can be.





SHADE 4
I couldn't be more puzzled by this. I purchased this thinking it'd be a bright pink
like it's shown on the website. 
No.
No it's not.
In fact the bullet has a strange plastic feel to it, almost like the play make up you
get when you're a kid.
That aside it had a nice look on my lips. A subtle pink colour
which actually looks quite nice.
It's a lovely finish too and would work well for
the spring.
But I still can't fathom out this product, it looks so bright in the bullet.





SHADE 15
Even though this appears to have a lot of shimmer in the bullet, once on the lips
it just looks more glossy than shimmery.
I love coral lipsticks so naturally I was going to love this too.
It's slightly darker and slightly more pinker than you'd find coral to be like.
This is such a pretty shade. This comes out so creamy and feels
lovely on the lips.
I think it's brighter than I expected it to be and wont wear it as much,
but I still will give it a wear in the summer.





SHADE 4
This isn't a shade I'd usually pick out.
I got this from the lovely Rosa in a blog swap I did which can you see here.
That aside it is my favourite MUA lipstick I have.
I think it's gorgeous.
It has a lovely pink look to it with a handful of pearly shimmer.
It's divine! It feels so nice on my lips too, but
sadly feels slightly drying.
I do love this though and it looks gorgeous. The perfect amount of shimmer for me.
The wear on this one isn't as long as the others, and will need a few top ups during the day.




SHADE 7
I can't praise this colour enough. It is perfect. As I just said,
I love corals.
This is a perfect matte with slight gloss lipstick.
This colour is amazing and is so opaque.
It's so creamy too, but like the previous one I feel it's a little drying.
I will be wearing this gorgeous shade a lot, I can promise you!


SHADE 16
This shade is gorgeous. It's a very bright coral/orange.
It has a perfect finish - It's opaque, it's has a slight glossy sheen to it and it's just gorgeous.
This may be a bit bright for a lot of people, but I will be wearing this bullet down in 
the summer I can tell you!
I can't get over how lovely this one is, and as you can see for yourself it has a lovely finish with
plenty of colour.

So there we have it! My MUA lipsticks swatched and reviewed. I will be swatching
the palettes and eyeliners very soon as I promised.
What is your all time MUA product?
Do you like the look of these? Which one is your favourite?
I'd love to hear from you! 
Thanks for reading!

40 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That shade is stunning!! I love it! :D xx

      Delete
  2. I've had my eye on shade 3 for a while, will definitely be picking this up when I can be bothered to walk all the way up to my nearest Superdrug :)

    thelittleblogofbeauty.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!! :D You wont regret it - They're such good prices to say no too! xx

      Delete
  3. I love shades 3 & 16. Those are my favorites, I have to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love shade 3. I currently have shades 2, 15 and 13, which I am actually doing a blog post about tomorrow!

    Also did you know if you turn the base, where the colour of the lipstick is, anti-clockwise there is a little pot of lipstick, so you can use that as lipliner.

    Millie :)

    http://hidbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahw yay! Can't wait to read it! :D Oh I did know it screwed off, didn't know you could use it as a lip liner though! Thanks for the tip :) xx

      Delete
  5. Shade 16 looks lovely. Not tried MUA lipsticks but such a bargain at £1!

    Nicola xo

    babblesaboutbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! :D You wont be disappointed! :D Can't complain at £1! :D xx

      Delete
  6. Shade 3 is lovely!!

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love 3 and 4!
    http://hollieappleby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really really like shade 16! I'm a sucker for corals too :) have you tried oh la la by Topshop, that's been my staple coral for the past 2 summers :)

    http://mermaidhairandtoomuchmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet! I will totally check it out next time I'm in there - I love topshop make up! :D xx

      Delete
  9. <3 MUA lipstick, they are my fave atm for only £1 each!!

    Be great if you could check out my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    And also my latest outfit post here

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Shade 15 looks so well pigmented! x

    www.thefashionseason.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more brighter and creamier colours are so well pigmented! Such a bargain buy! Xx

      Delete
  11. I love these lipsticks. Just amazing products for the price. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Incredible quality! Can't wait to get some more! Xx

      Delete
  12. Shade 3 looks nice. Not so keen on 4 though, especially as you thought it would be bright pink! Great blog post. Maria xx
    Admireandadapt.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, expected it to be bright - not sure what's going on there! Xx

      Delete
  13. Never tried MUA products before but your swatches look great! My favourite would be shade 3 and 15 :)

    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a look next time you pop into superdrug. :) really great products! Xx

      Delete
  14. 15 and 16 look so amazing. I have 3 and 7 and I like them both very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to get some more!!! They're such good quality! :) xxx

      Delete
  15. I like Shade 4 xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that shade!! Has the perfect amount of shimmer - looks gorgeous! Xx

      Delete
  16. oooh shade 7 is divinneeee! :) Love a good coral lippie! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the looks of shades 3 & 15! I haven't tried any MUA products before as I've always just thought cheaper products wouldn't work as well, but I'll maybe check some of these out now <3

    lostmyheartinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly you won't be disappointed. They're really lovely and the colour pay off is amazing! Xx

      Delete
  18. I love Shade 3, looks very nice! I was looking at MUA lipsticks in Superdrug yesterday but wasn't sure about them. I may buy this shade next time I'm in store! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such good value!! :) I'm still a Mac lover though!! :D Thanks so much for your comment! :)
      xx

      Delete
  19. I MUST HAVE THEM!
    http://doilookrichinthis.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for your share! <3 love it!
    I've decided to buy shade number 16 after read your post. thank you!

    xoxo;
    wiida
    wiidaribbon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!! They're gorgeous shades! xxxx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥