Saturday 14 March 2015

MAC CINDERELLA COLLECTION - LIPSTICK SWATCH - FREE AS A BUTTERFLY & ROYAL BALL

Ever since hearing about this collection I wanted everything. I was counting down the days before this launched online. Being a poor student though, I was unable to get much - But I was incredibly lucky to be able to try out these beautiful lipsticks. I have Royal Ball and Free as a Butterfly.
The packaging itself is stunning, the blue and pink iridiscent packaging with gold accents is just beautiful, and very princessy! The packing couldn't be any more Cinderella, so I obviously HAD to have these beautiful lipsticks to add to my growing Mac lipstick collection. (That's 34 now. Oops.)

Before we dive into the swatches, I'm not sure if any over pale princess had this problem, but I found the lipsticks hard to tell the difference on my lips - Other than one being slightly more gold, while the other a tad more pink. It's easy to see the colour differences on my arm swatches, as my lips just didn't seem to do a good job of defining the two!
 Top w/ flash, bottom no flash.
Free as a Butterfly
This is Free as a Butterly, the nuder of the two. This is a lustre finish, and has a gorgeous gold shimmer. You don't need much at all on the lips for it to show up! This felt really lovely on the lips and glided on really smooth. I have very dry lips at the moment so it does have a tendancy to fall into the cracks. This had really good wear as when the sheen stated to wear away, there was still a gold wash of colour on the lips.
 Top w/flash, bottom no flash.
Royal Ball
I would describe Royal Ball as a subtle rose gold colour on my lips. I really like this shade. I rarely pick up Lustre finishes as I don't really care for them, but this is perfect on my skin tone to add just a teeny bit of shimmer. I would love to team this up with a heavy smokey eye, just to create a bit of girlish glam with a punky eye! (I can't seem to get away from the grungy eyes right now!) Again, this glides on lovely and I felt it sits a little better over my dry lips than Free as a Butterfly does.
 No flash
Flash

As you can see from the swatches, they're both shimmery and satin like. You can see the colours more on my arm for some reason! I think because my lips are so pink it made the gold tones lipstick appeare a little siilar to the pink one. Free as a Butterfly is more shimmery than Royal Ball which is more pearly. 

Currently out of stock, but in Debenhams on the 17th of March!
Get these for £17.
Hope you enjoyed reading!
Thanks, Hannah xx



16 comments:

  1. I love the look of this Cinderella range x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the Cinderella range but I couldn't pull these 2 lipsticks off with my skin tone. They do remind me of Cinderella though, the tones of them and lots of sparkle x

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of shimmer!! Ah that's a shame :/ xx

      Delete
  3. I'd been on the lookout for a lighter MAC shade, and I managed to get Free As A Butterfly from the MAC website yesterday. I can't wait for it to arrive! Both of these are lovely shades.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it!! :D It's gorgeous! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Royal ball looks beautiful! I wish i'd got my hands on them when they were in stock!

    Beth x

    Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's annoying! :( LE stuff sells out so quick! :( xx

      Delete
  5. Loving neutral colour lipsticks I'm loving these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just drooling at the MAC make up :)
    The Cinderella range is truly magical xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so in love with you blog! I hope mine can be as good as yours one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow what a compliment! So lovely, thank you so much!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥