Monday 1 April 2013

GET YOUR NUMBER LIQUID SAND OPI MARIAH CAREY COLLECTION - DAY 2 OF 10 DAYS OF OPI

As soon as I saw the Liquid Sand varnishes I fell in love. I wanted them all as I saw them through a window of a closed beauty parlor. Just after they came out I heard very mixed views. 'It takes ages to get off', 'It's too gritty', 'It chips easy'. So for that reason I was very hesitant to grab a bottle. After seeing Holly Arabella's post on the mini pack, I had to have one. After heading to my nearest beauty outlet I picked up Get Your Number - The only one they had in stock - a gorgeous glittery blue. It's a beautiful blue with a slight green tone to it with hundreds of teeny tiny glitter pieces, and a hand full of small silver pieces which has a rainbow shimmer. This beautiful varnish says it needs 2 coats, but I needed 3 before I had the desired look. It goes on the nails so smoothly with no streaks, despite its gritty appearance. The dry time wasn't overly quick as I kept smudging it. I had to leave the varnish to dry for around 5 minutes before I braved another coat. This polish dries matte to really enhance those glitter pieces. Because of the amount of glitter in this polish, I really wasn't looking forward to removing it but to my surprise it came off pretty quickly - Much faster than some glittery polishes I own. I also noticed that it lasted around 4 days before it started chipping which I was impressed with! I am in love with this polish and I can't wait to pick up another shade from the Liquid Sand range. Because of its rough texture I know that this wont be for everyone. It took a while to get used too but surprisingly didn't annoy me at all.
You can get this shade, along with the other 3 shades from the Mariah Carey collection at Beauty Bay for £11. 

What do you think of this colour?
Do you like the effect?
I'd love to hear from you!!
Thanks for reading, beautiful!


15 comments:

  1. WOW-WEE! They look stunning, I was having a talk about my friend OPI polishes and I don't own one and she has a huge collection. I think I want this one to be my first - great colour x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's suuuuch a pretty colour and I can't stress that enough!! :) You're missing out not having any of the OPI polishes ;) xx

      Delete
  2. This is stunning! I've seen a few different reviews on this and it's just making me want to try it more x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! :D When I saw a review on it on someone else's blog it swayed me to get it! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm in love too! The finish is just perfect :)

    www.ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is sooo pretty!! Super glittery and gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  4. I nearly bought some the other day and stopped myself, now im totally regretting it!!

    wearmorecolour.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I don't blame you, it's so gorgeous isn't it! :) xx

      Delete
  5. AH!! I need this in my life NOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! That was my exact thought when I saw it on the shelf!! :D x

      Delete
  6. I love this so much it is so summery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! :) Can't wait to rock it in the summer!

      Delete
  7. just beautiful! soo unique!

    brainybeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! :) So original! :) I'm in love! xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥