Tuesday 13 October 2015

MYSTICAL HALLOWEEN MAKEUP INSPIRATION - MERMAID - COLLABORATION WITH CAPTIVATE STYLE

I recently collaborated (and found out we are soulmates) with Nancy from Captivate Style! I love collaborating with bloggers as it's the best way to create friends and I'm so happy that Nancy popped up on my Twitter one late evening! After talking about Will Farrell for most of the evening we decided to create a few makeup looks that are a little different. Our first look together is mermaid, and you can see Nancy's beautiful opalescent mermaid here - you wont be disappointed! I wanted to create a look that's effective and easy too. This was such a quick look and you only need some super shimmery aqua hues, a few gems and a lot of blending. I added a little swirly design as an option as it can be a bit fiddly. So I've taken a few before and after photos.
Mac Pigment in Magic Spells
After foundation, I used a shimmery aqua colour from the Mermaid palette from Sleek a few years back all over the cheeks, down the sides of the nose and in the contours of my cupids bow. I used Mac's pigment in Magic Spells (you can see the review for this here) to add more depth to my eyes in the crease, the hollows of my cheeks and bringing it up to my temples. I used a mixture of brushes to buff the colours in. I used the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and their Contour Brush, both from the Core Collection, to get it all blended. I then used Crystal Avalanche from Mac in the inner corner of my eyes and to help blend out the edges of the blue on the cheeks to add a more sheeny highlight. I then popped a little bit along the nose. I was tempted to use gloss with this look to create a more wet look as mermaids would, but I ended up sticking to just shimmers for an easy look. 
After a few minutes blending the colours together and adding highlight to the centre of my eyelid using the aqua shade form the Sleek palette still, I then added some little diamonds under the eyebrows. You can get gem happy if you wish as they had a pretty mystical feel. The great thing about this look is it's so easy yet you can get really creative with it! I popped some of Collection's blue glitter eyeliner on my Mac 188 and dabbed it over the sides of my face for some sparkle! I wanted my brows fairly thick and cartoon like for that darker feel, so I just used my L'oreal felt liner which was on the border of too dry! I then used it to line my lips, but then went in with an Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Zero over the rest of the lips. I popped on some lashes and I was good to go. I then used the same liquid liner to add some swirls which was almost impossible as the liner was so dry - but I had already committed! After a little play I managed to get a swirly design on one side of the face that I could get away with!
I then put a bunch of conditioner in my hair to make it look wet and washed up looking. This is such a cool look to do and it'd go great with a pair of white lenses! I would pair this with a tattered white dress made out of sheets for a 'I've just got my legs' kind of look, or a old grey dress which has been dip dyed black or dark grey with dye to make it look like the bottom is still wet! Or all black if you're going last minute with a few shells stuck to you or in your hair.

Check out lovely Nancy's here.
What do you think of this look?
Thanks for reading!




8 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing!

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty amazing! I really wish I had skills like this when it comes to makeup x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much!! :D So kind of you! xx

      Delete
  3. perfeeect!!!

    http://anniens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Movers and Packers in gurgaon offers best packing and moving service in gurgaon as well as all over India. We are well known packers and movers in ...
    Movers and Packers in noida is a best packers and movers Noida,which provider best packing & moving service in noida and which offers high ...
    Movers and Packers in pune Services Offered by Packers & Movers Pune. Local Household Shifting within Pune. Domestic Home Moving from Pune. International Moving from Pune. Office Shifting within Pune. Office Relocation outside Pune. Car/Bike Moving from Pune.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥