Monday 6 May 2013

MAC PRO LONGWEAR PAINT POT IN ECLAIR AND MOONCAKE FROM THE BAKING BEAUTIES COLLECTION REVIEW AND SWATCH

I had never tried Mac's Paint Pots until they released 3 limited edition shades with their Baking Beauties collection. I was drawn to the gorgeous shades Eclair and Mooncake, the other in the collection named Fancy Frosting. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but so many people have loved and raved about the Paint Pots with how long they last.
This is the gorgeous Mooncake. A really pretty golden beige with a lot of light gold shimmer. This is a very light colour and looks gorgeous on the lids on its own. It packs a lot of glitter and a little goes a long way. It's easy to smooth onto your eyelids and is easy to blend with other Paint Pots. Once it's set, it's hard to budge. It's crease free - Hurrah - and does not move! There's no glitter fall out as it's more of a creamy shadow and just looks gorgeous on my skin. This would flatter any skin tone or eyes with it's soft gold shade and pretty glitter. It lasts ages on the lids, but not as long as Eclair did. Maybe it's because of its softer colour and amount of glitter in comparison to Eclair.
Eclair is a gorgeous dark red toned bronze with slight gold tones. Now I cannot stress how long it lasts on my eyes. Literally forever!! When I first swatched it a week back, it stayed on my arm all day, even when trying to wash it off! But with a decent make up wipe it comes off a breeze. I love this super pigmented metallic bronze and looks really lovely alongside Mooncake. I find both these paint pots a little tricky to blend to start with, but after a few applications you get to grips with how it works. Not quite a cream eyeshadow though, so don't expect it to be sticky or hard to put on. They both have a very smooth and silky feel to them and glide effortlessly onto the eyelid. You can apply with a brush, or sweep on a bit of colour with a finger - It's completely up to you.
Overall, I think these Mac Paint Pots are going to be my new obsession. Move over Mac Lipsticks, the Paint Pots have taken over. What's your favourite Paint Pot colour? I'd love to hear what you think! Grab these for £14.50 each, worth every penny! Limited edition shades from the Baking Beauties collection, pick yours up in store now.






24 comments:

  1. Ooh, glad you've reviewed these as I've had my eye on them, I recently got my first Paintpot which was Groundwork, and it's just the most beautiful product for a quick, low-maintenance, polished every-day look. These look like they would be good for dressier, evening looks.
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - these would look lovely for a evening meal or event. These are so easy to use and create a lovely look in seconds! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ohh Eclair is gorgeous! The only Paint Pot I have is Nubile, but it's so pretty and gets so much use. I find a little goes a very long way with them too, definitely worth the price tag in my opinion :)

    Amy at PaintPotted x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! It really is worth the price for these babies! xx

      Delete
  3. I really like the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab post! I love paint pots too! Mooncake reminds me of Bare Study and Eclair reminds me of Constructivist in the permanent collection. Check out Painterly, it's my favourite one xx
    http://makeupbeautyshopping.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Oh I'll check that one out! :D xx

      Delete
  5. I'd love to try a paint pot, have no idea which one I'd choose!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the look of these colours and I've never tried a MAC paint pot so may have to pick one (or two) up!

    fashion--geek.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or two! Haha! You wont be disappointed! xx

      Delete
  7. I love paint pots so much, I am desperate to try more and just added these to my list! great post :)

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D These are lovely colours! :) xx

      Delete
  8. These are such pretty colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I really want to try mac paint pots :)

    brainybeautyblog.blogpspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours are gorgeous! I have always been drawn to the paint pots, but never actually bought one. The colour Lets Skate is so pretty.

    Millie x

    http://hidbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's Skate is the one I had originally, but exchanged it for Mooncake. I will pick it up next time! xx

      Delete
  11. adore the darker one! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried any of these but really think I need to, I love things that last a long time as I'm too lazy to carry round loads of make up to top up during the day!

    ash :-)

    ashleighsteaparty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm lazy too! These are great for staying put!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥