Thursday 8 October 2015

HD BROWS BY LAURA DOSSETT - NORWICH SEMI PERMANENT MAKEUP ARTIST

When I was asked by the lovely Laura if I would like to come into her studio to learn about HD Brows, I was very excited. As a brow lover (anyone knows me knows I always have my brows drawn in every day), I have always been intrigued by HD Brows. I can remember a few years ago when HD Brows become a big deal, but I was too scared to jump onto the bandwagon as I'm very protective over the few brow hairs I have! When I read up that Laura had experience with Mac and Estee Lauder I felt at ease. I had previously had my eyebrows threaded before and they always took way thinner than I expected, so after reading about Laura on her website I felt comfortable and knew I would be in good hands. She also does a huge range of beauty related services such as LVL Lashes, bridal makeup, Semi Permanent Makeup and highly personalised makeup lessons. As soon as I got to her studio which is located 14 Bridewell Alley in Norwich (NR21AQ), which is an easy walk from the city centre, I was greeted by Laura. She was so lovely and welcoming, and has the best eyebrows, which just added to the experience and made me feel at ease. Sometimes I can find beauty treatments a little intimidating, but I can't stress enough how lovely Laura is, so I was instantly comfortable. She asked if I wanted a drink and then we got chatting about brows. After telling her about my experience with threading before and how dark I wanted my brows she got an idea of what I wanted. Before I began I had to fill out a sheet about my health which was easy enough as it's simple tick box answers. I also popped in a week prior for a patch test, and came with no fake tan which is advised.
Before my treatment

Everything she used from the wax, to the thread and the makeup are all branded by HD Brows. First off she mixed a tint together, based on what I preferred my brows to be. She didn't Vaseline the edges so she could get the tint to grab onto every hair it could find for a fuller looking brow. Once the tint had been wiped off there was an incredible difference already. My brows instantly looked fuller and I couldn't believe how much difference a tint made!
During tinting
After the wax

She then went onto waxing and threading. If I'm completely honest, I was petrified of the waxing. I have only had my legs waxed but never dared to try it on my face. However, it didn't hurt at all. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a slight pinch, but it was completely bearable and no more painful than threading. After the wax she then went in with threading to get rid of the smaller hairs. I find this completely painless, but people have different ways of handling it. My mum was scared of threading for a while but after she took the plunge she found it didn't hurt at all so she now gets her brows done often, so if you're scared give it a go as you might surprise yourself. As you can see from the photo above my brows already look brilliant! They have so much more body which is perfect for the no makeup days. Eyebrows really do have the power to change someones face - I couldn't believe my brows could ever look this good without makeup!
Before HD Brows
After HD Brows

After the thread she then touched the brows up with some makeup from the HD Brows line. Laura filled in my brows perfectly, exactly how I wanted my brows to look - no scary over drawn brows here! The HD Brows process only took around 30-40 minutes which is great. We had such a natter about makeup and blogging in between everything she was doing which made the experience much more enjoyable. What was really great about afterwards is that she gave me a card on how to look after the brows and all the products she used in case I wanted to purchase one, which you can buy there and then if you wish too. This is perfect if you want to continue having beautiful brows at home! Laura is such a goddess at what she does, and I would recommend her to anyone who hasn't tried HD Brows before and is slightly scared of it and to people who just want great looking brows. As you can see below, my eyebrows make a huge difference to my face! She is brilliant at her job, and I know she'll do a fantastic job at yours too. The evening after having them done my best friend noticed a difference and she is obsessed with getting hers done too! Even after two weeks of having it done, I still can go out with no makeup on knowing my brows are looking good. They're not as dark as they first were, but they still look in brilliant shape! 
You can find pictures of Laura's work on Instagram @Laura_Dossett and you can find information about everything she does on her website which you can find here. She's also active on Twitter @LauraKDossett. I really can't recommend Laura enough, and my fear of getting my brows threaded too small have gone! It's great to find someone you can trust with your brows and I will definitely go to Laura in the future.
You can treat yourself to good brows for an event, wedding or party or you can get these done when needed at an affordable £30 - You wouldn't think your brows could look that good!

Contact Laura Dossett via email - Info@Laura-Dossett.co.uk
or call 01603 614 333 or 07814 539 897.
What do you think of my new brows?
Thanks for reading!


8 comments:

  1. Your brows look amazing- it's crazy how much of a difference the tint and wax makes!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I know - I didn't think they were my brows! Haha x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I need this done!

    xo Tiffany | teefmay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow they look great! love your hair color as well :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm so happy with them! xx

      Delete
  4. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work Microblading Training

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥