Sunday 18 October 2015

YOUNIQUE TESTERS - PIGMENTS AND FOUNDATION - BRYONY

I was recently asked by a friend and Younique presenter what I thought of a few of their samples. I've always been honest on my blog as I don't want to people to buy the product and then hate me for it! That said, I was a pretty impressed with the Touch Mineral Liquid Foundation and Moodstruck Minerals pigment.  I had never tried Younique before so when I was asked I didn't have a reason to say no. I'm always trying new brands at The Mermaid Life so I was intrigued on what the bespoke brand had to offer.
Beautiful, Sexy, Confident and Corrupted.

I was particularly impressed with the Moodstruck Minerals Pigments. I tried so hard to do a eyelook after swatching them for you but there wasn't much left on the paper unfortunately so I couldn't do a makeup look which was a shame! That aside I really really like the pigments, especially Sexy and Confident. Beautiful would make a brilliant crease or transition shade, especially for a nice smokey look. It would also look lovely all over for a bit of colour that's not too daring. Sexy is so lovely too as it's a super pigmented shimmery champagne shade. It would be perfect as an inner corner colour or to add a bit of glitz and glamour on the center of the eyelid. Confident is gorgeous, a highly pigmented black based gold metallic shade. Metallics on trend for autumn and would make a gorgeous shimmery smokey eye and would be perfect for the festive season. Corrupted is a soft black shade. It'd be great along the lash line to define your lashes! All the shades are really bendable which is what you need for easy makeup looks. You can create some pretty looks with these colours from the pretty and delicate to the bold and daring.
I then tested out their foundation. Unfortunately Organza is slightly too dark for my pale complexion, but there is a lighter shade called Scarlet for us pale princesses. This is easy to buff into the skin and dries down to a powdery, matte finish so there's no need for to set it with powdrr. I'm always a fan of matte finishes in the winter time paired with a sparkly eye so this is perfect. I had a small amount to play with but I did test it out on my nose as it's the most oily part of my face and usually needs the most touching up. I didn't wear it out though as it was still too dark for me. However it wore really well and I was in need of no touch ups! This is perfect for oily skin as it really keeps the shine at bay. It did cling slightly to my drier areas so I would recommend looking into the cream foundation or BB cream by Younique. I love BB cream for dry faces! 
Overall I'm really impressed. I had heard Younique pretty much everywhere but never had the opportunity to try things out and I'm glad I did. My stand out from the things I was asked to try has to be the Moodstruck pigment in Confident!

You can look at everything from Younique here.
Alternativly you can contact Bryony at bryonymoore@hotmail.co.uk.


3 comments:

  1. Sexy and Confident were the two that stood out to me the most! Beautiful! I so wish you would have had more product to work with as well; I would have loved to see a look with these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really lovely! Next time, Hey?! ;)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Movers and Packers in lucknow relocation Company is the highest quality professional Packers Movers services at affordable prices by Movers and ...
    Movers and Packers in indore Packers And Movers Company is the highest quality professional packing and moving services at the most affordable prices.
    Movers and Packers in chennai Movers Packers engaged in Packing and Moving in Chennai, loading and unloading in Chennai, Car Transportation in Chennai, Bike Shifitng in Chennai, Warehousing in Chennai, Household, Office Shifting, Pet Relocation In Chennai, Plant and Goods Relocation in Chennai, Loading and Unloading Services in Chennai to All Over ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥