Tuesday 27 October 2015

MAKEUP REVOLUTION - SALVATION PALETTE UNICORNS UNITE REVIEW AND SWATCH*

It's no secret that I am in love with all things Makeup Revolution. They seem to come out with killer products constantly that are at unbeatable prices. One of the palettes I had been eyeing up a while is the Unicorns Unite palette, since being a mermaid and all. I couldn't contain my excitement when I received this at the Suffolk Blogger Meet and I actually did a squeal when I saw it in the top of my bag. I couldn't wait to get experimenting! I think this palette is so versatile and could be used for bright looks, interesting smokey eyes and natural looks with or without a pop of colour. If you're looking to inject a bit of colour into your makeup routine but don't want to go too crazy, I recommend picking up this palette. There's also 5 matching lipsticks (Which I am obsessing over and need in my life RIGHT NOW), which looks as if they compliment this palette perfectly! Now let's get on with swatching this ethereal palette...
The names of these shades are just to die for. I love seeing creative names with creative palettes so that was a great touch for me. I liked that all the shades on top are a mixture of shimmers and the bottom 6 circles are matte. The matte shades are great for an all year round look and great for using as transition colours for the pretty shimmery ones. When I first looked at the shades I was drawn to Medieval and Fantasy. They're both just gorgeous colours!
Legend, Grace, Medieval, Unicorn, Believe and Symbol.

LEGEND - Legend is a beautiful shimmery soft golden champagne hue which is perfect to put all over the lid for a simple wash of colour that makes you look awake. I tend to use this most when I'm in a hurry as it gives effortless colour and a good amount of shimmer that's not too over powering. This is beautiful paired up with Medieval.
GRACE - This shade is beautiful. I wouldn't usually go for pink shimmers but this has a soft beige turn to it that it just looks classic on the eyes. Again this is great all over the lid but also looks lovely with pretty much all of the shades in this palette.
MEDIEVAL - Is one of my favourites of this whole palette. It is the perfect bronze metalic shade that is perfect for all skin colours. It's such a beautiful copper shade and the colour pigmentation is incredible and it blends well with other shades too.
UNICORN - Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of pinks and when I saw this in the pan I thought I'd never reach for it - But how wrong was I! It's a really soft pretty pink, not that 'I'm a 6 year old girl' pink - If you catch my drift. Again it has lovely colour pay off and would look lovely with Grace for a subtle ethereal pink makeup look.
BELIEVE - This shade is beautiful. It's a dark purple shade with a dark grey undertone to it, so it looks as if it shifts colours slightly. This is great for adding some colour into a smokey eye and is perfect for autumn. The pigmentation is lovely, and would be blended out well with a matte shade for this palette.
SYMBOL - I love this shade. I know I say that about near enough all the shades in this palette but look at it. Because it has a dark grey hue to it it's not a unwearable silver, like some silvers can be. It also has the right balance of shimmer so you're not going to look like a girl at a Christmas disco.
 Spiral, Fortune, Fantasy, Beauty, Spiritual and .Creature

SPIRAL - Spiral is a pretty bright navy shade with a grey tone to it so it's not too intense. I love that this shade is colourful but still wearable.
FORTUNE - This is such a pretty colour and slightly similar to Believe. However it has a slight blue tone to it and it's not as dark so you can see that the colours are different.
FANTASY - Where do I begin. The colour pay off to this is insane. I honestly couldn't believe it when I first swatched it. I'm so happy that this is such a gorgeous colour too. This isn't as shimmery as the others and comes off more satin. It's a really unique forest green shade which is a perfect alternative to black if you're wanting to experiment with colours. Well done Makeup Revolution. I am in love.
BEAUTY - This is basically a shimmery and brighter version of Fantasy. I adore this shade also as the grey tone to it makes it more wearable. 
SPIRITUAL - Okay. I need to calm down with this palette because I am super impressed. How can you not fall in love with this colour. It's the right mix of brown, purple and pink and the pigmentation is amazing. There's not much else I can say apart from that this shade is stunning.
CREATURE - As much as I'm raving about the shades in this palette this is the only shade that fell slightly flat for me.To be fair, to be the last one swatched with all the others being amazing it's going to be hard to compete. You can see in the pan that this is a matte shade with micro gold glitter. I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't say what I honestly think of this shade. The pigmentation isn't amazing and the gold gets lost. It's not a stand out shade to me and gets lost among all the other amazing shades. However when I remind myself that this palette is only £6, I'm not upset over one shade as the others make up for it.
Pure, Buttercup, Unite, Horn, Special and History.

PURE - This has good pigmentation and is great for popping under the brown bone for shimmerless highlight. It's a brilliant blending shade for pale girls like me!
BUTTERCUP - Again this is a brilliant blending shade and also a great transition shade for a smokey eye or colourful look. It's also pigmented and the colour is really pretty and pairs up well with Unite and Horn for an everyday look.
UNITE - I love this warm hue as it's great all over for a casual look. Works well as a transition shade if you don't use too much, and works well with the green and pink shades in this palette.
HORN - Works beautifully with blues in this palette. It has great pigmentation and also looks lovely just smudged into the lash line.
SPECIAL - This pretty lilac toned pink has amazing pigmentation - It blends like a dream! I love that they've put in a matte in here that isn't typically considered neutral so you're able to get creative!
HISTORY - Is a black matte. I don't think there's anything 'wow' about this shade and the pigmentation is okay. That said it's great for smudging into the lash line and adding depth to some shades.

Final verdict? This palette is a knockout. I really, really love this palette and I was so impressed with the pigmentation and colour selection. All of them seemed wearable yet daring and I've not seen that in a palette before. It's perfect for any makeup look and any mood, so if you're looking for something for every day that takes you though to the night and any other colour creations, this it the palette for you.

You can find this palette from Makeup Revolution here for £6*.
What's your favourite shade?
Thanks for reading!

*This product was gifted to me for review.


7 comments:

  1. This palette is full of beautiful shades x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! This is truly a fantastical palette! I can't wait to see it in action on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to have a good play either! :D xx

      Delete
  3. This palette is gorgeous, i always see it on Makeup Revolutions Instagram page and am dying to try it!

    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should totally give it a go! It's gorgeous! xxx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥