Tuesday 6 December 2016

MAC VIVA GLAM RIHANNA LIPSTICK SWATCH AND REVIEW

This has been sitting amongst my Mac lipsticks for a while now, but never thought to use it. Now I've started using it, it's my to go to Christmas red. I never really shy from matte lipsticks, but recently I have been loving sheeny lipsticks, glosses (Who would have thought it?) and metallic finishes. I never thought I'd stray from a matte lipstick, but I have, and I am in love.

Because of its frost finish I wasn't expecting it to last long on the lips, but this Viva Glam Rihanna lipstick has exceeded my expectations. It provides beautiful pigmentation, and because of it's frost finish it keeps my lips looking plump and fresh, with no pigment clinging around my dry areas. It's so easy to apply, and I rarely use a brush to tidy the edges. Because the formula is smooth it doesn't tug around the lips like some matte shades, so it was easy to get a clean line straight from the bullet. It wears so well too. Later in the day it dries down to more of a satin, but it doesn't loose it's colour. I cannot express my love for this lipstick any more! 
As you can see, it's the perfect red for the holidays, and it'll be in a few of my up coming Christmas looks without a doubt. If you stumble across this and debate whether to buy it - I promise you wont regret it! It's no longer available from Mac, but it tends to crop up on the internet every so often.

What's your favourite red lipstick for Christmas?
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I love the colour, definitely makes a great christmas lip! x
    www.flareaforte.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a gorgeous shade! So easy to wear too :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥