Friday 9 December 2016

CHRISTMAS MAKEUP - GOLD AND GREEN METALLICS

I rarely sway from my winged liner or basic looks, but I'm trying so hard to wonder outside the box, and Christmas seems to be the perfect way to do that! I'm getting through so much glitter it's ridiculous! I've made a promise to myself to wear glitter everyday, or go for something I don't usually do. I rarely do smokey eyes - especially anything with green! I was inspired by the green Christmas trees for this look, with deep greens, soft golds and a pop of red colour.
For the eyes I used two colours from the Urban Decay Vice 2 palette. Damaged is a pretty deep ivy shade and Strike is a super sparkly yet soft gold. I popped Damaged on the outer lid blending it out and then blending it into Strike on the inner lid. I then used a little of Rewind from the same palette to blend out the shades in the crease for an easier transition. On the lips I went for the classic Ruby Roo by Mac. It's one of my favourite matte reds, and looks gorgeous on any skin tone. I went for a very matte/satin finish on the skin with powder, and a little highlight in the corners of the eyes. I then popped on some pretty lashes, winged liner and some mascara. I used the NYX Tame & Frame on the brows which I love, you can see my full review for that here.
It's an easy one to recreate, and surprisingly easy to wear. To bump up the level of festive, some added gold glitter would look beautiful on the gold section of the lid, or some gold highlight on the cheeks. I really hope this inspires you to try something a little different with your Christmas makeup, evening if it's adding something little to get into the festive spirit!

Thanks so much for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥