Wednesday 30 September 2015

JAMIE'S ITALIAN NORWICH REVIEW*

I was recently asked to come and try out Jamie's Italian which I said yes to straight away. I've always wanted to try out Jamie's Italian so I was interested on what they had to offer. My parents have always wanted to go too, and they're big fans of Jamie Oliver so I decided it was best if they come too. The place is beyond gorgeous. I didn't realise they have a huge restaurant at the top of the building which is really pretty. It has a classy, rustic yet modern feeling which was really relaxing. It was nice that you could buy Jamie's books, food and drink which I really like in restaurants as it feels more personal. When we sat down we where greeted by a lovely. He pronounced every Italian dish perfectly and he knew everything about anything, which was great if we had any questions. He knew what each pasta type was and even what herbs were used. I got a bit snap happy as they interior was gorgeous, so this will be a picture heavy post.
Pink Lemonade
First off I had their Pink Lemonade, which is so tasty! If you're into your fruit juices and want an alternative, this is brilliant. You can really taste the fruit and it's so fresh, perfect to team with pasta. There is something for everyone on the menu from steaks, pastas, duck, chicken - There's a lot to choose from. There was also a £5 special too which I really liked the idea of. Eventually I went for Jamie's Sausage Pappardelle as my main as I love sausage and pasta. This dish is described as a Ragu of slow cooked fennel, free-range pork sausages with incredible Chianti, Parmesan and herby breadcrumbs. This was really gorgeous as the sausage was really tasty and the fennel came through beautifully. I'm not a huge fennel fan but this really complimented the dish and worked well. The pasta was soft and delicious. I'm a huge pasta fan so I like my pasta, and this was yummy. This is a great alternative to Bolognese if you're don't like Beef. I don't usually like the flavour of beef so that's why I opted for this, and I wasn't let down. There's a lot on the plate too, so you're not left hungry. The prices from this range from £6.25/£10.75.
Jamie's Sausage Pappardelle
Italian Steak Frites
Three-Cheese Caramelle

My dad had the Italian Steak Frites which I didn't get a chance to try as I don't like beef. He said it was cooked to perfection and he really loved the coleslaw that came with it. However I did try the fries which were gorgeous. I asked the waiter what was on the fries and he knew instantly - Saffron. He really enjoyed his meal which was £15.95. My mum went for the Three-Cheese Caramelle which I was going to originally go for. There's not a lot in the dish so if you're wanting something a bit more filling go for the Sausage Pappardelle. That said, I did have a few bites and it was beautiful. It's described as beautiful filled pasta with ricotta, provolone, Bella Lodi & spinach, served with creamy tomato, garlic, basil & rosé wine sauce. The sauce was amazing and filled with so much flavour which complimented the cheese filled pasta so well. I really could pour that sauce on anything, it was stunning. The Three-Cheese Caramelle is £6.50/£11.25.
Epic Brownie
Molten Chocolate Praline Pudding

I am a pudding girl through and through, so I had to have a taste at what they had to offer. I indulged in the Molten Chocolate Praline Pudding which didn't leave me disappointed. On the menu it's described as a warm chocolate cake with a liquid praline centre, served with salted caramel ice cream & praline. Oh wow is all I have to say. This is a stand out dessert for me as it's a chocolate lovers heaven. The cake itself is rich and chocolaty, but not that bitter chocolate taste you can sometimes get from chocolate desserts. The salted caramel ice cream balances the sweetness of the chocolate perfectly and they just go so well together. I could eat this again and again and not get tired of it. This is on the menu for £6. My dad went for the Epic Brownie and I managed to have a cheeky try. As a brownie fan this was great - It was warm so the vanilla ice cream starts to melt which I really love about brownie desserts. If my dad hadn't stopped me I would've eaten all of it - as well as my pudding. The Epic Brownie is £5.45. I finished the meal off with Lemoncello after eyeing it up on the dessert menu for so long. I love how simple the flavour is, yet how yummy and sweet the lemon is - I was so tempted to buy a bottle! It's a perfect shot to finish of a meal. You can see everything on the menu here.
Overall how was my experience? It was amazing. The staff were attentive and friendly and knew the answers to any questions I had. I had high expectations since it had Jamie's name on it but I wasn't let down by the food at all. The food was perfect throughout and I had no complaints at all. The restaurant itself is beautiful, so it's perfect for a special date with your partner or a catch up with your friends like most of the people around us seemed to be doing. It really was a lovely meal and I'd recommend Jamie's Italian for anyone who is looking for a classy yet relaxed place to eat.

You can sign up to be part of the Gold Club here.
Or you can visit the website here.
Thank you so much for reading!

*I was kindly invited for review

*I was invited for review.


1 comment:

  1. Movers and Packersin delhi are one of the leading packers and movers. Movers Packers are offering our services not only in Delhi but also other major cities of India.Movers engaged in packing, loading and unloading, transportation/moving, car transportation, warehousing, Packing And Moving services in India.
    Movers and Packers in ghaziabad Just oversee the ancient system of managing everything all alone and hire professional Packers and Movers in Ghaziabad if you are in Ghaziabad. So if you are ...
    Movers and Packers kolkata There are many packers and movers companies in Kolkata. If you are planning to shift to Kolkata, then availing the services of Movers and packers in Kolkata is ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥