Thursday 7 November 2013

SEEING DOUBLE? - SINFULCOLORS HOTTIE VS OPI LAST FRIDAY NIGHT

Last Friday Night by OPI from the Katy Perry collection is one of my favourite shades in my OPI collection and I'm always using it on top of dark colours. After a browse in Boots recently I spotted a new SinfulColors stand, and at just under £2 each I had to have a look! Instantly I was drawn to Hottie, a pretty blue with iridescent glitter throughout. The reason I was drawn to it was because it looked identical to Last Friday Night, so when I got home I put them to the test.
At first glance these look uncanny, but with careful observation you notice small differences. Last Friday Night has more larger glitter, while the SinfulColors shade has more smaller silver particles. Also the consistency is slightly different, Hottie being more thicker, but both have fast drying time and wear. 
I first applied two coasts of OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark as a base.
 L-R in above photo - Index finger is Hottie, then Last Friday Night, then Hottie and then Last Friday Night
on the pinky.
As you can see, when applied Hottie does have more smaller particles in comparison to Last Friday Night. OPI's glittery shade has more of a sparse covering of the nail and is nice for a subtle shimmer. Overall, I love them both, but I have found myself reaching for more of Hottie for my evenings out as it gives my nails more sparkle. And plus, these glitters are perfect for a galaxy nail effect!
Which one do you prefer?
Have you tried SinfulColors before?
Get your SinfulColour fix for £1.99 each from Boots,
and currently 3 for 2 as well!





6 comments:

  1. oooh whhop whoop these are pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty but i think i would go for the sinful colors one!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great, perfect for Christmas!

    Alice x
    http://beautybyalicee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥