Tuesday 5 November 2013

OCC LIP TAR IN NYLON - REVIEW AND SWATCH

For years I was so eager to try out one of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics world famous Lip Tars. After a lovely trip to meet the lovely Marvelle at BlogOfShadows I picked up a few Lip Tars which over the past few months I have just fallen in love with. In the next week I have 3 more Lip Tars to show you, and I cannot wait to get more.
Lip Tars are liquid lipsticks that come in a cute tube with a small nozzle, perfect for applying directly to the lip brush, or into pots to mix up your own colours. I've tried mixing colours up but have been pretty limited with 4 colours, but I recently bought a green shade, so things could get interesting!
I tend to use a brush to apply the lipstick accurately, but on occasion I use my finger to add a subtle hint of colour when I'm in a rush. 
I am a Lip Tar convert, and I cannot be without one in my bag. The lipstick dries to a semi matte/satin finish. The more you apply, the glossier it is. You literally need the tiniest drop of this bright pink to create an opaque finish. I am in LOVE with Nylon, and is usually compared to OCC's Anime and MAC's Candy Yum Yum. The wear on this lipstick is also brilliant and lasts throughout the day with little touch ups - I can even eat and drink with it staying put!
I have now come to the conclusion that I need more OCC Lip Tars in my life. Usually the one for the Mac lipsticks (I have 25...) I am slowly coming over to the Lip Tar ways. With so many finishes and colours to choose from, you can definitely find one that you love, or mix up your own colours!
Grab a OCC Lip Tar from Selfridges and see what the fuss is all about.
These babies cost £11.50, but worth every penny.
Have you tried Lip Tars?
What do you think of them?




16 comments:

  1. I tried one last year, the colour was wrong for me but I was impressed with the staying power. I love this Nylon shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, but I agree with you with the staying power!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colour! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a pretty shade! Can't wait to mix it with some others! xx

      Delete
  3. gorgeous colour! www.beckysbeautique.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo looks lovely on you! Definitely getting this one when we meet up again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shade. The pigmentation looks fab! Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Me too! Defo bought more since this shade!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥