Friday 21 November 2014

MAC HEIRLOOM MIX HOLIDAY COLLECTION - SALON ROUGE, SPARKS OF ROMANCE, ENCHANTMENT, NOBLESSE OBLIGE REVIEW AND SWATCH.

When it comes to Christmas, I think of hot chocolate, jumpers, yummy food and glitter. I am completely in love with Mac's holiday releases, which promises bucket loads of glitter and that iconic red seasonal lip. I popped into my nearest Mac store on the day of the release and picked up a few items which I do not regret one bit. The packaging is super gorgeous with its silver shimmer and glitter throughout the plastic - The girly side of me was screaming out to buy the whole collection!
First off I picked up Noblesse Oblige which is on the left of the photo above, and then Enchantment. Noblesse Oblige was really hard to photograph, some lights it could turn a pretty dusty beige, a bright silver, or a glittering gold. To me it's a very pretty, gentle pewter shimmer with a lot of glitter in it. It looks beautiful, but with most glittery hues, this has some fall out. Enchantment may now be the most beautiful shade I own. If you get any of these shadows, I recommend Enchantment - It's perfection. It's a dark navy with purple and teal shimmer and glitter. Again there is fall out, but this looks beautiful over the top of a gel liner or using a black cream base. I can't stress enough how gorgeous it is, and I forgive its fall out.
Noblesse Oblige
Enchantment

Top - Sparks of Romance, Bottom - Salon Rouge
Left - Salon Rouge. Right - Sparks of Romance.
Sparks of Romance is such a pretty colour, and is a true red. It's a matte formula which is my favourite Mac formula! It has teeny sparkles in it, and some of them catch a really pretty violet colour. This is a great twist on the classic red lip, and the subtle sparkle is a great twist for Christmas. It wasn't drying at all, which is great for long wear.
Salong Rouge is gorgeous. I am in love. This was super creamy, and is also a matte formula. This is a pretty red which has a slight dark hue. This type of red is perfect for the snow white complexions like mine. I can see this becoming my to-go-to red as I love a vampy red - and this is perfect. 

Did you manage to grab anything from the collection?
Get some of the collection on Mac now.
Thanks for reading!






6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This collection is gorgeous!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those products are so festive and fun! I adore! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful collection, I had a swatching session at St Pancras and was wowed x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so lovely! Hope you managed to pick something up! xxx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥