Tuesday 15 August 2017

SLEEK DISTORTED DREAMS HIGHLIGHTING PALETTE

When I first saw this, I HAD to have it. There was no way I was going to let this out of my sight. I picked this up from Boots, but I can only find it available online at Superdrug, so grab this here while you can for £11.
I had seen this on Trendmood (If you don't follow her on Instagram what are you doing?) and knew I had to have it when it was released in stores. I don't think it was available for very long, maybe a month or so, so can only assume that it was incredibly popular. I'm already a huge fan of their highlighters, especially their Solstice Highlighting Palette which I reviewed almost a year ago. I've hit pan on that palette now, but I've moved that aside for a hot minute to make way for this beautiful palette.
Sleek describes this highlighting palette has a mixture of creams and powders with holographic and reflective pigments. This palette has three creams and two powders, but I wouldn't describe this palette as holographic. It has a iridescent glow that really makes your skin look like it's glowing, almost radioactive looking. I adore that there are three creams in here. I softly apply them with a beauty blender on top of foundation to try and not disturb the foundation underneath. If I'm feeling a little extra, I'll apply the powder on top. If I don't do that, I just wear the cream or powder as is. 
Top left, top right and middle swatch.
Bottom left and bottom right swatch.

The creams and shadows are equally as pigmented, packed full of iridescent shimmer that really show up on the skin. Both creams and shadows blend beautifully well, just be aware that blending the creams over foundation can be a little difficult, so you have to be gentle and work at it. My favourite shade in the palette is the bottom left, a really pretty violet hue. The highlighters last around the 6/7 hours mark on me, fading slowly throughout the day. 
I love the ethereal glow that the shades give. It gives a bright pastel glow that isn't too 'Oh my goodness is that blue on her cheeks?', with the highlighter being very soft. I reach for this palette and the Solstice the most at the moment for highlighters. I reach for this when I want to match a glittery eye look with my cheeks, and then the Solstice palette on my more natural days. 
For anyone wanting an inexpensive interesting highlighting palette, this is the one. And also if you're wanting to jump on the iridescent and holographic wagon, I'd recommend adding this to your collection and having a play around before splurging on a more expensive palette, such as the Kat Von D palette.
You can grab this from Superdrug
for £11 online here.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥