Saturday 8 October 2016

SLEEK SOLSTICE HIGHLIGHTING PALETTE


Look at that packaging. Look at it. I've had this palette for a while now but kept forgetting to right up my review. I picked this up from Superdrug because it looked gorgeous, unaware of the hype this highlighting palette has gotten. I love Sleek, and it's one of my high street favourites, I've already done a review for a Barekissed Illuminator here and an eye and cheek palette here, both which are beautiful. I love that this Solstice Highlighting palette is the same size as the eye and cheek palettes, I love consistency in a brand, makes me feel like I need to collect them all!
Not only is the packaging beautiful, but so is the product. There are four shades inside as well as a brush which I don't usually use, but it's a nice bonus. The first shade, Ecliptic is a bronze shimmery cream and the one over is Hemisphere, a gorgeous luminous pink/purple. Below these two we then have Subsolar, a golden shade and then Equinox, which has the exact formula as Hemisphere, just more of a campaign/bronze colour.
When I took this to Centre Parcs with me back in June, I took this with me for on the go glow. Surprisingly, Ecliptic made a beautiful eye shadow primer with a little bit of Equinox on top. It didn't crease on me throughout the night, and it looked beautiful. I'm yet to use it as a highlight as I tend to step away from cream products over my foundation. Hemisphere and Equinox are both uber shimmery, and give very subtle colour. These are both buildable highlighters, so you can have your glow as subtle or as eye catching as you see fit. Subsolar is a beautiful, beautiful shade and looks gorgeous aon my pale skin. It has more of a subtle glow compared to the other two powders, but again it's buildable. I usually use Equinox on my cheek bone and brow bone, and then Subsolar on my cupids bow and my nose.
Overall, this is totally worth the price tag. It's beautiful. The highlighters in this are all buttery, creamy, and can all be soft and shimmer or gold and bright. If you didn't buy it because you weren't sure if it was worth the hype - It really is. This will no doubt appear in my future makeup looks so you'll see it in action very soon! There's another highlighting palette from Sleek called Cleo's Kiss if you're into more of a gold shimmer. I'm eyeing up the Midas Touch highlighting palette, so maybe that'll be on the blog soon, too...

Get this stunning palette from the Sleek
website here for £10.
It's totally worth it.
Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you will create with this palette. It has beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried a highlighting palette from Sleek before but I recently ordered two eyeshadow palettes from them and I am so excited! I cannot wait to receive them!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah man they're soooo good!! I've not tried anything from them I don't like! :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥