Tuesday 4 October 2016

BOBBI BROWN SHEER COLOR LIP GLOSS IN ALMOST NUDE - REVIEW AND SWATCH

I've not tried anything from Bobbi Brown that I haven't loved, and this is no exception. First off, this is a lip gloss. Usually me and lip glosses aren't friends, but this has changed my opinion on the dreaded lip gloss. I feel most people either love a gloss or hate a gloss, and there's no dabbling in between. However, if you're someone that disliked lip gloss like me, this could be a great place to start.
Their Sheer Color Lip Gloss is exactly as it suggests, it's sheer. What I love about this particular shade is that you can layer it over lipstick without altering the colour, or popping a little bit in the centre of the lips to get a fuller look. But it wasn't the subtle hue of nude that made me fall in love with this gloss, it's the formula. There's nothing I hate more than sticky gloss and hair getting caught in my lips, and this doesn't do any of those things. The gloss is so silky it's unreal. It lasts longer than your average lip gloss too, as I noticed I applied it in the morning and by my lunch break it still had a glossy, hydrating finish. The gloss isn't thick and once it's on I forget it's there.
The applicator is pretty standard. There's nothing outstanding about it, but the doe foot is soft and sturdy which means for a mess-free application. I actually like that the doe foot is the same width as the rest of the applicator, it looks sleek! 
Now whenever I need a lip gloss instead of a lipstick to finish off my makeup, this is the one I reach for. It is a little on the pricey side, but it is by far one of the best lip glosses I've used. The sheer colour means you can wear it alone or team it up with a lip stain or lipstick. In my opinion, it's the perfect lip gloss.

Grab it from the Bobbi Brown website
here for £19.50, or from Debenhams
here or the same price.
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I usually use the lip gloss without a lipstick, but I haven't found a perfect one yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥