Wednesday 15 October 2014

URBAN DECAY ELECTRIC PALETTE REVIEW, SWATCH AND MAKEUP LOOK.

My newest makeup fix is the Electric Palette from Urban Decay, which I have been long awaiting. I have been banging on about this palette for a few months now, but never had the chance to pick it up. So as a present to myself for starting my last year at uni, I couldn't think of a better time to nab it! The difference with this to all the other UD palettes, is not just the bright colours, but the fact that these are pigments, not eye shadows. This means that in theory, these should be more brighter and pigmented!
First of all, the package is divine! The case itself is sleek, and has a magnetic closure which I really like. I also love the design on the front! Looks like loads of cool powder puffs of different colours! Love love love. It also comes with a cool brush. Now, I am not a fan of double ended brushes, such as the ones that come in the Vice palettes. I find them annoying, and I dislike putting them in my brush pot, as I just worry about ruining the brush. However, I really like this brush.
One end is ideal for packing on that pigment, while the other serves as a great brush for those hard to get places, like the inner corner of the eye.
REVOLT - I like revolt, but I probably wont get much use out of it. It's a lovely silver shade, but I do have other silvers in my collections that have better colour payoff. I would've maybe preferred another bright colour, like yellow or a true green. Can't have it all, right?
GONZO - Possibly my favourite in the palette! This beautiful blue just glides on like a dream. Packed full of colour, this is perfect for any bright look!
SLOWBURN - Another colour that has plenty of payoff! This is a beautiful colour, And I'm already planning on using this on some models in the upcoming weeks! It has a lovely texture and avoids being powdery at all.
SAVAGE - This is a serious colour. When I used this is a dress up look - Which you'll see below - It just really packs a punch. This is an incredible bright pink, and I can honestly say I've not come across a brighter pink as of yet! Goes on beautifully, blends gorgeously - What's not to love?!
FRINGE - I know bloggers and youtubers have been loving this colour, and it is beautiful, but I just wont use it much. It has a gorgeous buttery texture and a frosty finish. It also has insane payoff. I just can't see myself wearing this shade. But regardless, this is a beautiful colour.
CHAOS - Chaos has been about before, in the Vice 1 to be precise. I didn't really use it then as I felt it just didn't have the best colour payoff. I'm not sure if they have reformulated it, but it's much easier to apply, and the colour payoff is so much brighter!
JILTED - Oh how much do I love this colour! I'm way too excited to rock it this month now autumn is here! It's a beautiful, frosty berry shade which is perfect for fall! It applies beautifully, and has great colour payoff!
URBAN - The shade of the Urban Decay logo, this purple colour is gorgeous! As all of the colours in this palette, it has a lovely colour payoff. This is perfect for autumn. I love this, and can't wait to play around with it more!
FREAK - Not a huge fan. I can't decide if it's the colour I don't like, or because it's not overly bright. It's a really pretty colour which is lovely to apply, and the colour is true to pan - I'm just not that wild about the colour. But I'm sure I'll get use out of it.
THRASH - Come. To. Mama. Oh I love this. This is great to apply, and looks great in the inner corners to add a pop of colour. Ah, I can't get enough! I can also say I've never came across a colour like this!!

Overall, I will get some serious use out of this palette! I also went to a Freshers night a few weeks ago at uni and went as a exotic bird to the 'Zoo Party' theme. All the shades I used where from the Electric Palette, other than the navy shade which was Prank from UD's Vice 2.

Anyone bought this yet?
Anyone out to get it?
Let me know what your fave colour is!
Thanks for reading!


6 comments:

  1. I bought this palette when I was in France over the Summer and I absolutely love it - it's right up my alley. I did 2 looks using it on my blog a while back and can't wait to get doing more cause it's just such a fun palette! I agree with you that Thrash is such a unique colour and great for the inner corners of a look :)

    LongHairAndLashes.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great palette! I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it!
      xx

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing! I love Urban Decay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I love Urban Decay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All if the colours you have use are wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥