Tuesday 4 June 2013

VEET EASYWAX ELECTRICAL ROLL ON KIT AND ROLL ON REFILL REVIEW

I was recently asked to review this by the people over at BzzAgent. I rarely shave and I'm always waxing, so this was exactly the type of product I would use and love. This new EasyWax kit from Veet enables you to wax any area of your body with ease. Here to show you I have the main Roll-On Kit and a Roll-On Refill.
In the first kit we have the main hand-held device, a wax refill with a larger roller, the cable to plug in a heat up the devise, a dock, waxing strips and 4 Veet wipes.
In the EasyWax Refill pack we have a wax refill with a smaller roller for the bikini line, under arms or the hard to get areas along with Veet wipes and strips.
For comparison, the one on the left is from the refill kit, and the one on the right is from the main kit. The one from the main kit is easier for the legs.
The waxing strips seem to have a 'recycled' paper feel about them with tissue that seems to look as if it's been bound together, but still has a soft yet firm feel about it.

So how does it all work?

You plug the lead into the main device and slide a wax cartridge of your choice into it. It says that you only need 20 mins for the hand-held waxer to heat up, but I think that's very, very wrong. I read a few more reviews just to see if I had got this completely wrong, but other bloggers did have the same problem. I had to keep it heating for one whole hour before I could even try to wax as before that amount of time the wax just wouldn't roll onto my leg. An hour isn't too bad if you pop it on, then go do something and come back to it, but an hour to heat up wax is a little excessive. Once the wax had heated, unplug the device as it keeps hot for about half an hour. The wax rolls onto the roller which you can then smooth over your leg in the direction of hair growth to leave a mess-free wax line. The wax is at a perfect temperature and there's no burning at all. Pop on the strip and smooth over. Leaving a 2cm gap at the bottom, quickly peel off in the opposite direct to leave your legs silky smooth. I felt that some hairs could be missed, but I just tweezer them off which I would do in waxing anyway, so no difference there. Then I just pop on one of the finishing wipes to get rid of any stickiness left behind, and then you're good to go. The leg cartridge lasts up to 4 sessions, so with the cartridge retailing at £9.99, each session is around the £2.50 mark, not bad at all.

I really like this product as I've had so many accidents with a hot wax pot and water. The amount of times I've dropped wax everywhere or the boiling water, this is a godsend. I'm a bit annoyed about how long it takes to heat up but that's the down side I'm willing to live with now I can wax with ease and no mess. Hurrah! 

The Veet EasyWax Electrical Roll On Kit retails for £29.99* but you can currently get this half price at Superdrug. The refill retails at £9.99* from Boots. Would you try this out?





8 comments:

  1. I wasn't a fan of this at all x

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a real shame you didn't get on with it :/ Been so many mixed reviews. xx

      Delete
  2. i am reviewing this for bzz also, i hate it, couldn't get it to work for me at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only had trouble with the heating. That's annoying :/ xx

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to try this for what feels like ages now but there are so many mixed reviews about it that I keep putting it off! I might have to be brave and give it a go while it's half price at Superdrug though!

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo many mixed reviews. I think if you have patience, and you're used to waxing then you'd get on with it. Not sure I'd recommend it as a starter kit though! xx

      Delete
  4. Haven't tried this particular one, but similar packaged waxing kits. There are some decent kits over at folica.com

    Thanks for the post / review.

    Buy Green Coffee Weight Loss Pills

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥