Sunday 13 March 2016

VICE 3 URBAN DECAY PALETTE SWATCH AND REVIEW


I took these photos before Christmas 2014 but never got around to doing the swatches because life has a habit of getting in the way. Before I post my Vice 4 review, I wanted to make sure I had done this, so I had an archive of all the Vice palettes and so I could make references when needed! It's no longer available to buy unfortunately, but the Urban Decay palettes have a habit of popping up on websites every now and then. I always reach for this palette when I'm doing my plum looks as the plums in this palette are to die for. There are some gorgeous shimmers as well, so let's just get started!
The Vice palettes always come with a double ended brush.
L-R - Truth, Dragon, Vanity, Alien and Last Sin.

TRUTH - I tend to use this light pink matte shade all over the lids to give my eyes a little bit of life. This shade is very powdery and has a tendency to puff everywhere, but it's still a great shade nevertheless. The shade is great or us pale princesses!
DRAGON - I'm not a huge fan of greens so I don't tend to use this. It's great for costume looks though as it's a really good metallic green.
VANITY - Is gorgeous! I adore applying this shade as it's a dream. It's a really pretty deep metallic plum that's great as an alternative to a black smokey eye if you want to dabble in a bit of colour.
ALIEN - I want this as a blush and I want it now. I LOVE this shade so much. I used this shade in my Pink and Gold Valetine look, as it's so easy to blend and looks gorgeous. It's a pink shade with a gold shift which looks beautiful.
LAST SIN - I like this golden metallic shade, but it has so much fall out on me. I couldn't get along with it and never reach for it, and when I do I instantly regret it. It's such a shame as it looks gorgeous in the pan.
L-R - Undone, Freeze, Lucky, Alchemy and Angel.

UNDONE - Is a pretty pale beige matte. It's a lovely transition shade for us pale girls, so I tend to use to to blend out a brown smokey eye. It blends really well - No faults for this shade!
FREEZE - I find it hard making this shade look good on me without looking like a kid in the 90's. It's an okay shade and has okay pigmentation.
LUCKY - This is so beautiful! It looks gorgeous on the eye, and always makes my blue eyes pop. It's buttery and gorgeous!
ALCHEMY - This is one of my most used in the palettes a year on from getting it as it's so unique. The pigmentation is perfection, and the colour is divine. I love this reddish plum metallic shade!
ANGEL - I really reach for this shade as I find it to be on the same formula as Last Sin unfortunately. It is a pretty shade, but I don't really wear silvery/gold metallics.
L-R - Downfall, Heroine, Reign, Bondage and Defy.

DOWNFALL - I found this super buttery to work with! I love this warm buttery brown matte shade and works as a great crease shade on me. It's easy to blend too and would work as a good transition shade.
HEROINE - I use this quite often as an alternative to a black eyeliner when I'm doing a slight smokey eye. I love that this is a shimmery matte and not just matte as it brings it to life. I used it in my Navy Winged Eyeshadow look if you want to see it in action!
REIGN - This gorgeous golden brown shimmery shade is so easy to blend. It's great all over the lid and swept beneath the eye for an easy, classy smokey eye.
BONDAGE - I love this dark plum shimmery goodness. I love using this as a dark smokey eye, and used it in a Copper and Purple Punky Smokey Eye, so go check Bondage and Sonic in action there. It blends so well and the colour pay off is brilliant. I love this shade!
DEFY - Another shade I didn't get on with and don't reach out for. I just think it's a flat colour and doesn't really do anything exciting for me.
L-R - DTF, Brokedown, Bobby Dazzle, Sonic and Revolver.

DTF - (Naughty shade name!) is delicate and classy. I love this violet grey matte shade with small shimmer throughout. The pay off is amazing and looks great on the lids on its own once it's blended out. I've not seen a shade similar to this.
BROKEDOWN - This shade has no faults and works a treat, It's a pretty brownish golden shade which looks lovely paired up with a creamy metallic shade.
BOBBY DAZZLE - I just don't like this shade. That's not to say it's not good, I just don't like it. It's too weird. I tried applying this shimmery white shade in the corners of my eyes, or as a highlight but I just can't get on with it. 
SONIC - One of my favourites! As I said before, I used it in my copper and purple eye look which you can see here, and when I wear this shade I always get asked what it is. This coppery reddish pink has insane colour pay off and blends beautifully. What's not to love?
REVOLVER - This shade is an almost black/dark grey metallic shade. It's perfect for creating metallic smokey eyes and I love wearing silver glitter over the top of this shade. 

Overall, I love this palette - and was my favourite Vice palette until the Vice 4 stole my heart. Although nothing can beat Sonic...
Keep an eye out for any future Vice palettes as they're completely worth the money, and you're never stumped for creativity. You have everything you need for day time, night time and creative looks. You can see the Vice 1 swatches here (It was my first blog post so forgive me.) and the Vice 2 here. Thanks for reading!


8 comments:

  1. I'd love to get a Vice palette, I really want one after seeing this post! xx

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fashion wishlist and your picks, so perfect for the transitional time!

    http://www.pickedlooks.com/prom-dresses-c_11/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've come over this palette a couple of times and love the shades they look so pigmented :) x

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all Urban Decay palettes, but my favorite is Naked 3.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥