Sunday 11 August 2013

MAC PIGMENT IN MAGIC SPELLS FROM THE ARCHIE'S GIRLS COLLECTION REVIEW AND SWATCH.

I recently opened this bad boy. This is Magic Spells from the Archie's Girls Mac collection that came out around February 2013. You can still grab a few pieces of the Archie's Girls collection online from Debenhams, House of Fraser and Selfridges - But only selected items. Even though I have left it late to review this, I felt the need to show the world the pretty colour that sits in this gorgeous little pot. If you ever come across it in a blog sale or online, be sure to pick this up!
The soft, fine dust is cased in this pretty little pot, with a white lid and Veronica's face on the front. Magic Spells is a very appropriate name for this mystical colour. The colour of the pigment is a deep black with slight hints of teal. The base itself is matte, and the beautiful teal, green and navy shimmer gives it something special. Reminding me of petrol in the water, this pretty shade couldn't go a miss when I saw it. It's perfect for making a smokey eye a little different. The amazing pigmentation means you can use this on it's own, but its ability to also add a sheer darkened colour to the lids is exciting, enabling me to really play with this product. If you want something similar to this, Barry M's Petrol Black is very similar, but has a more purple shimmer to it, which I will review very soon. This stays put too, but I team it with a Paint Pot from Mac, or my Urban Decay Primer Potion. You can also use this wet which intensifies the colour and makes it even more opaque. 
What do you think of this magical shade?
Grab it from online outlets, but be careful of fakes.
What did you pick up from the Archie's Girls collection?



6 comments:

  1. Ooo I love that swatch, so much sparkle! I reckon that'd look nice used wet all over the eye! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! I think this would look sooo pretty on you too!! xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh I love this, although it is quite similar to my MAC Young Punk eyeshadow as that has purple glitter running through black! xx

    lipgloss-and-lashes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I know what you mean! :) I think the Young Punk one is slightly more chunkier than this - but both are so similar! Thanks for pointing that out! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely shade :) gotta love glitter!
    Lydia Rose
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥