Monday 29 July 2013

ESSIE POLISH IN PRETTY EDGY REVIEW AND SWATCH

In the beautiful city that is Berlin, I picked up this gorgeous emerald green varnish, perfect for autumn. I've not had many Essie shades so I was super excited and could not wait to see the outcome. Unfortunately, I was very let down. I've had mixed experienced with my previous Essie shades and only been overly impressed by two. This shade looks gorgeous in the bottle, and does on the nails, but after many, many coats. This grass colour in Pretty Edgy is from the Summer 2010 collection.
L-R, 1st nail one coat, 2nd nail 2 coats, 3rd nail 3 coats.

As you can see the formula is very sheer on the first coat, and even through to the 3rd coat you can still see streaks. I needed 4-5 coats to get an opaque look. To get to that point is a bit of a chore though. Not only am I waiting around for each coat to be applied, it's not the quickest of drying. Even after the 2nd coat I was waiting for a while for the coat to completely dry before applying another. If I didn't know the brand, my initial thoughts would have been that this polish was very cheap. I wasn't impressed with this and it's going to the back of my collection, or even given to my younger sibling. As I said before, I find Essie very hit and miss, and this is most definitely a miss. 

Have you had any colours from Essie that didn't reach the standards you expected?
If you're interested in this polish, grab it from LookFantastic for £9.95.

14 comments:

  1. Ah it looks like such a beautiful colour as well! How disappointing. Essie are normally pretty good as well.

    Kerry | Makeup By Kerry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a few before from Essie that have been like this.. But then I get some really amazing ones from them! So undecided! x

      Delete
  2. This reminds me why I don't own any Essie - I'm never impressed by how they apply, shame about this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looked so lovely in the bottle, what a shame that the colour didnt look true on the nails. The streaking has also put me off trying Essie polishes :(

    Best wishes, Vanessa xx
    www.vanessachloesworld.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. :/ It's such a shame. I loved the Avenue Maintain one - It was stunning! x

      Delete
  4. How disappointing when it looks so lovely xx

    Beautyqueenuk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Essie polishes are generally the same with the streakiness, but I still get them, because I know my Seche Vite top coat will make it all better. This is such a gorgeous shade too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So hit and miss :/ Ohh I've yet to try anything from Seche Vite! xx

      Delete
  6. I love punchy colours, but never thought about green! Such a shame that it doesn't apply well!

    Holly | www.alongcamehollyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was such a different looking green that I rarely see in polishes, so I was gutted :/ xx

      Delete
  7. Oh that's a shame. Loads of bloggers have been raving about Essie but for that price I wouldn't bother, especially if it takes ages! Still looks cool when finished though so not a total loss :)

    Olivia @ Awake Looks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! It does look lovely - Just the effort to get to that point is such a chore! xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥