Thursday 2 January 2014

NEW YEARS EVE NAILS WITH CIATE COLOURFOIL MANICURE

After seeing this in TKMaxx for a few months, I kept hoovering around them, tempted by the idea of foil nails. When hitting the sales, I picked this up for a unbeatable £5. Perfect for NYE nails!
The cute little Ciate box came with a list of things, various foils, a nail wheel, Ciate nail varnish and a small pot of Foil Fix.
Ciate Paint Pot in Pepperminty, alone £9.
To achieve foiled nails is simple and easy and there's little waiting. First start by painting your nails with a colour of your choice and let it dry. Then in small strokes wherever you fancy, pop on the Foil Fix and wait until it goes clear. Take the foil of choice, the colour facing upwards, pop on the foil, press, then rip off and you get a pretty flash of foil. You can layer up the foils, or keep with one. Then apply a top coat to keep it all in place.
My NYE nails to match my black and gold dress.

As pretty as this looked, even with a top coat, this lasted 2 days until the foil began to scratch away. I love the look, and it's super sparkly and looked great under the lights - Perfect for nights out. My box came with the wrong foils, but didn't bother me!

Try and grab this from TKMaxx for £5,
Or pick it up from Selfridges for £18.
What do you think of this nail art?








10 comments:

  1. They look lovely! They had these sets in my TK Maxx but someone had stolen all the contents from the boxes!!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's annoying! I had to do a lot of digging! xxx

      Delete
  2. Ooo I might have to take a trip to TKMaxx tomo! This looks so fun :)

    Emily / Glittery Teacups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep seeing so much Ciate stuff in TKmaxx!

      Delete
  3. Lol!!! I remember you asking me in TK Maxx if this was necessary and I was like hmm not sure but you went back and got it in the end anyway! ;) They look lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa!! I'm a sucker for things like this! x

      Delete
  4. This looks interesting! So pretty and effective, yet so easy to do.

    Beauty by Alice | Blog | YouTube | xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fab, I love Ciate and what a fab price for this.

    Helen X

    www.allthebeautifulthings.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥