Tuesday 22 January 2013

ACCESSORIZE 4D 'CAVIER' NAILS IN LILAC SORBET REVIEW AND HOW TO

I've used the 'Caviar' technique before, but using the beads from a local craft store. This is the first Accessorize beauty product I'd used, and was pretty excited. The beads came in a little container with a pointed applicator which was perfect for applying the beads, it's pretty much identical to the MUA packaging. The nail varnish 'Lilac Sorbet' wasn't bad quality. It only took 2 coats to achieve a good colour, but I felt I was waiting a while for it to dry - I'm not the most patient of people! You can get these sets for £5 from Superdrug - And I do believe they're on a special offer at £3, which is a bargain for a nail varnish AND some nail art beads.
To start using this set, I first took away the front of the plastic packaging as I thought it was ideal for catching  the left over beads. I simply painted my nail with the two coats it recommended, put my nail over the tray and then shook the beads all over the nail until it was fully covered. It took about 10 minutes to fully dry.
It was so easy putting the remains back in the pot too, the tray was a perfect size to tip all the beads back in. After I'd done that I then found a clear nail varnish and just went slightly over the tips of the beaded nail, just to secure the beds in case the end of the nail got caught. This is such and easy thing to do, and makes your nails look amazing in minutes. In the past, 'Caviar Nails' only lasted me up to 2-3 days before the beads started to fall off, so it's not the most sustainable nail look. Overall this look took my about 15 minutes, including drying time, so if you have time to spare, this is such a fun look to do. I loved the finished look. It was very girly and somehow reminded me of sweets! I love this innocent look, and it really catches the eye. I can't wait to wear these out and show my claws off! There are many bead nail kits out there, and I really enjoyed using this. At the moment they are £3, so it's hard not to say no. Let me know in the comments what you think of this trend, and if you've ever tried it. Thank you so much for reading!

25 comments:

  1. Ooh I'm incredibly tempted to try this myself. I've been trying to get back into nail art but I'm always rushed for time, but this seems very time efficient and effective!

    xo

    http://anothergirlsparadise-x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is an easy way to statement nails!! I'm rubbish with nail art as my hand isn't very steady, so this is perfect! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love this look! I got the MUA beads a long time ago and haven't used them in ages. Might have to dig them out to tonight's mani! Thanks for the inspiration... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! I've using those. Thank you so much for the follow, followed your blog too! Xx

      Delete
  3. I've got the MUA beads, but haven't had a chance to use it yet, seems like a lot of work x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually not as fiddly as it looks. Give it a try :) xx

      Delete
  4. i love these caviar sets! Its a shame they come off so easily
    aredlipneverdates@blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, such a shame :/ really is sad! Looks lovely for the day though! :p
      Xx

      Delete
  5. I love the combination of the pink polish with the beads! It looks like a cupcake! :D I like the caviar trend but I'm not sure that I could wear it because I am such a texture person that I would end up just rubbing my fingers on my nail all day! I'm doing that with my glitter polish from my last nail of the day post! Great post!

    Hill
    http://thebugthatfleeps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha! I know what you mean about the texture thing! I do that too! Thank you so much for your comment, I always appreciate what you have to say :)
      X

      Delete
  6. I've got the MUA ones and I love them, I think they look really effective for an easy nail art!
    I think m also the only one who didn't have a problem with them falling off, in fact I found them a night made to remove! haha


    Great post :)

    XXX
    Loralovessequincoats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you're the exception then! :P lucky! I also have an MUA one, can't wait to try it out!
      Xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. So Girly! Really loved how it turned out :) xx

      Delete
  8. This looks SO pretty :) ive tried the ciate one and its abit of a mess but looks amazing with the end result :)

    Love Emily xx

    http://love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've never tried the ciate one, sold out so quick when it came out I couldn't get it! :) xx

      Delete
  9. Using the plastic tray to catch the beads is simply genius! I tried this look but it didn't even last 1 day due to my job. It's a very pretty look for a night out though.

    Now following your blog via GFC darling

    Wendy xoxo

    http://painttheukpink.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you soo much!! :D Ah I know - It doesn't last long!! :( So sad! Wish it lasted longer! :)
      Thank you, Wendy :)
      xxx

      Delete
  10. They look lovely! I had no idea Accessorize did these sets so thanks for sharing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving this set! So good, and a cheaper alternative to Ciate :)
      Xx

      Delete
  11. I love accessorize stuff I think I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a cute set! Seriously try it out! :) x

      Delete
  12. aww wow these are amazing! love the beady things xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen these and i really wanted them but worried they wouldn't look very good. Yours look great!! think i will be getting these on my next shopping trip! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I read them all and I will try to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking your time to do so! ♥